Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Reboots Alot,please Help!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 truckie

truckie

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:45 AM

Posted 05 February 2008 - 01:20 PM

This happens SEVERAL times aday, I am right in the middle of something and my computer just reboots. It might do it 4 or 5 times in a row and then it will work ok. It seems to be getting worse. I receive the message below when I report to Microsoft. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :flowers: :thumbsup:

Problem caused by Device Driver

You received this message because a device driver installed on your computer caused the Windows operating system to stop unexpectedly. This type of error is referred to as a "stop error." A stop error requires you to restart your computer.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,545 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2008 - 01:35 PM

Step One: Follow the instructions in Disable Auto Reboot On System Crash - http://www.theeldergeek.com/auto_reboot_on_system_crash.htm

Step Two: Read info at What is the Event Viewer, and Should I Care - Ask Leo! - http://ask-leo.com/what_is_the_event_viewe...uld_i_care.html

Step Three: Take a look in your Event Viewer. You are looking for errors, particularly those which occur at about the same time as your reboot problems. If you see none, make a note to check EV the next time your system reboots and advise us of the corresponding error message.

Have you added any hardware/functions lately?

One thing to remember: Drivers also occur in some applications (firewall, music/video programs, AV and others), so it's not just hardware that could be creating the problem.

Louis

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 AM

Posted 05 February 2008 - 02:28 PM

Also check Device Manager expand all of the +'s and look for any yellow exclamation points or red X's. That's an indication of the faulty device
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#4 truckie

truckie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2008 - 03:04 PM

Looks like I was having problems with Adobe Photoshop so I uninstalled it. I turned off the auto reboot. The computer rebooted twice now with the blue screen with the following message:

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to be sure you have adeqate space. If the driver is identified in the stop message, disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for the driver updates. Try changing video adapters.

Check with your hardware vendor for any BIOS updates. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanaced Startup Options, and then select Safe Mode.

Technical information:

***STOP: 0x0000008E (0xC0000005,0x805020B5,0xBADC747C,0x00000000)

Beginning dump of physical memory
Physical memory dump complete
Contact your system administrator or technical support group for futher assistatance.

WHAT SHOULD I DO? THANKS :flowers: :thumbsup:

#5 truckie

truckie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2008 - 03:09 PM

Also checked Device Manager and expanded all and saw NO +'s and NO yellow exclamation points or red X's.

#6 truckie

truckie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2008 - 03:12 PM

Under the event viewer there are red x's by Service Control Manger and DCOM at the times I had the blue screen.

#7 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• BC Advisor
  • 10,317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 AM

Posted 05 February 2008 - 03:17 PM

the inside of the computer is clean? and it's not overheating?

these are some of the easiest things to check and fix
Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

#8 truckie

truckie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2008 - 03:22 PM

Good Question. I leave side cover off to help cool. It does get alot of dust in there quicker. I will clean and try again. Thanks

#9 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,545 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2008 - 04:08 PM

Are you running ZoneAlarm?

http://www.duxcw.com/yabbse/index.php?boar...;threadid=10111

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users