Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dreamweaver Alternatives

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Juha

Juha

• Members
  • 512 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 PM

Posted 05 February 2008 - 12:08 PM

Hi,

I have been learning HTML (using Notepad) for the last couple of months or so through Online tutorials, and thank God, I am not doing too bad! But I want to create good pages with nice design. I think I'll need to use some sort of program like Dreamweaver but I am not sure. I haven't used it nor can I afford it! I am looking for a free alternative. I have seen couple of free ones described as 'Dreamweaver alternatives'... NVU, Amaya, Mozilla Composer (not tried any yet) but I don't know which to go for.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rittnasty

Rittnasty

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:42 PM

Posted 05 February 2008 - 12:35 PM

I personally use Dreamweaver and I do recommend that if you can afford it in the future, but as for free WYSIWYG HTML Editors I would recommend NVU (which I used before Dreamweaver) and CoffeeCup HTML Editor http://www.coffeecup.com/html-editor/. I believe that CoffeeCup is a trial version, but it is much cheaper than Dreamweaver ($49??). Also, Dreamweaver does have a fully functional, 30-day trial version if you want to use that for the time being. Both of these should satisfy your needs for an HTML Editor.

Edited by Rittnasty, 05 February 2008 - 12:37 PM.

"And if it is evil in your eyes to serve the Lord, choose this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your fathers served in the region beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15 (ESV)

Thoughtvent.com

#3 Juha

Juha
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 512 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2008 - 01:43 PM

Thanks Ritt... for the quick reply.

If I get the cash, I'll go for Dreamweaver, but in the meantime I'll try the free ones. I checked the link and that CoffeeCup HTML Editor does not look bad (I've seen the Video demo on the site). Even though it is significantly cheaper, I just want to experiment with the free ones first...

Anyway, thanks again for the thoughts.

#4 lbfan

lbfan

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2008 - 09:40 AM

Microsoft Expression Web all the way! :thumbsup: I love it and use it every day and I find it extremely easy to use. It's the improved and updated version of FrontPage which was also good but would never go back to FP now I have EW.

Edited by lbfan, 06 February 2008 - 09:41 AM.

#5 Juha

Juha
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 512 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2008 - 10:36 AM

I happened to come across this article talking about Aptana. Anyone heard of it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users