Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Disappearing Taskbar Shortcut Icons

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bluesjunior

bluesjunior

• Members
  • 761 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:01 PM

Posted 05 February 2008 - 11:24 AM

Since doing a clean uninstall/reinstall of the latest Comodo Firewall Pro today I have had the following happen. I did it by the book and everything is working as it should but in my Taskbar where I previously had shortcut icons to my soundcard, BoClean and Avira antivirus as well as the CFP icon. After signing out earlier this afternoon when I signed in again just now I only have the Comodo Firewall Pro icon in the taskbar. The others have disappeared though after checking they are all working in the background.

I have checked using Autoruns and they are all still ticked on my start up programs just not showing in the taskbar. Can anyone advise me how to get these icons to reappear again?. I have also posted on the Comodo Forums but no reply as yet. My PC is running Windows XP Home Edition SP2 and completely up to date.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3, CPU: AMD Athlon II X3 450 Processor, Memory: OCZ 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz,Graphics: PowerColor HD 5750 1GB GDDR5,
PSU: Corsair 430W CX PSU 4x SATA 1x PCI-E, Hard Drive:Samsung SpinPoint F3 500GB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 16MB Cache.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 M...

M...

• Members
  • 386 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:01 AM

Posted 05 February 2008 - 12:35 PM

See if this works:

Right-click the Start button.
Click Properties.
Click (select) the Taskbar tab.
Uncheck (clear) Hide inactive icons.
Click Apply.
Click OK.

#3 bluesjunior

bluesjunior
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 761 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:01 PM

Posted 05 February 2008 - 02:11 PM

Thanks for your reply M. I did a reboot and that seems to have solved the problem for the moment but if it happens again I will try your recommendation.
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3, CPU: AMD Athlon II X3 450 Processor, Memory: OCZ 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz,Graphics: PowerColor HD 5750 1GB GDDR5,
PSU: Corsair 430W CX PSU 4x SATA 1x PCI-E, Hard Drive:Samsung SpinPoint F3 500GB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 16MB Cache.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users