Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Photoshop 6.0: Installs On Vista But Won't Install On Xp

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Izzy

Izzy

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:29 PM

Posted 05 February 2008 - 07:30 AM

hi

have a problem, i have been trying to install Photoshop 6.0 onto XP Home Edition, but it will not install. I got it to install on Vista without problems.

So....this is what i do:

#1 - insert photoshop CD

#2 - welcome screen - click next

#3 - menu screen - click install photoshop 6.0

that's it nothing happens from there on.

so i tried another method - explor the photoshop CD - go tot he photoshop 6.0 filder and click on the setup.exe file - nothing happens - when i go into the ctrl+alt+delete and processes tab the setup.exe shows up in there so i have no idea what is going on.

I had no problems installing Adobe Acrobat 6.0 Professional and Adobe PageMaker 7.0 on XP Home.

Any ideas????

it is a fresh install of XP (well factory restore).

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 37,112 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2008 - 11:04 AM

My only thought is that something else needs to be installed or running before installing Photoshop. I have version 6 on my computer, OS Windows XP Home, and I remember there were several installation disks that had to be used in the proper order. Note that have the creative suite, but I didn't install it all. Depending on what component I want to install, I have to first insert the correct initial CD then go to the one with the part I want to install. It's been so long though, that I do not remember the order, and my disks are hiding right now.

It might be that you need to use the first disk you used when installing Adobe 6 Professional before you can install Photoshop.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Internet Security, NoScript Firefox ext.

animinionsmalltext.gif

#3 Izzy

Izzy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2008 - 05:06 PM

i have all standalone products not the suite. Everything has own box.

I have Acrobat 6 professional installed, PageMaker 7 installed.

I created another user account to see what happens, well, this new user account also being administrator sucessfully installed Photoshop 6, deleted the account and have the original and works perfectly.

Now next problem, Illustrator 10, i have no idea on what is going on, but it tells me the serial number is wrong, so i did a bit of researching over the net and came up with:

tuning the year back to 2001 will let you install illustrator 10, so did that, but when you change the clock back to 2008 it won't run, what the hell is wrong with that? is there a patch or something or is it just just a bug? i really want this program.

The last program to install is InDesign 2 i'll get to that once the illustrator problem is sorted.

#4 Izzy

Izzy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2008 - 12:33 AM

i fugured that to use illustrator just run it in the year 2001 when i need (not too often). InDesign installed fine.

#5 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 37,112 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2008 - 03:39 PM

Thanks for posting about the workaround Izzy. This certainly had me scratching my head. My one thought concerning Illustrator is perhaps that version isn't supported any more and thus the need for turning back the clock. I'm glad the other programs installed properly.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Internet Security, NoScript Firefox ext.

animinionsmalltext.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users