Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trend Micro Won't Update

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 fxyldy19

fxyldy19

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:44 PM

Posted 05 February 2008 - 02:50 AM

Hello! OK so this has been going on for over a month now and TrendMicro can't give me any answers! Basically it all started when I tried to update my newly purchased TrendMicro. When I try and update it says that I need to connect to the internet before I can update. Problem is, i already was connected to the internet. When I uninstalled Trend Micro and installed it again, all of the sudden I could not activate or update it. The message I received was, "Please reconnect this computer to the internet immediately to activate your software. If you can successfully open websites and receive email but still received this warning, then scheduled Trend Micro server maintenance has prevented you from activating Trend Micro Antivirus. Please wait forty-five minutes before trying again." Here are my emails to Trend Micro and their responses...

1/30

Dear ,

A pleasant day to you!

Thank you for contacting Trend Micro Technical Support.

Kindly send us the following information for analysis:

1. Click on this link to go to download Hijackthis_v2:

http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en-US/th...JackThis_v2.exe
2. Click on SAVE and Save it on desktop.
3. After downloading, close all windows and double-click on Hijackthis_v2
4. Follow all prompts until you arrive at main menu
5. Click on Do a system scan and save a log file. This will generate the hijackthis logfile and another window should appear in a form a text file. (notepad file)
6. Please reply to this email and attach the logfiles

Note: The Knowledge Base is a depository of information allowing users to get help in resolving any issue that may arise in using Trend Micro products. You can visit knowledge base web site at this link: http://kb.trendmicro.com/solutions/solutionSearch.asp

Please let me know if I was able to answer all of your inquiries. Should you have further concerns, please do not hesitate in sending us an e-mail. It is always our pleasure assisting you.

If ever your issue has been resolved, please email us back with a simple "close case" message so that we could formally close this case.

Thanks for choosing our product!

Best Regards,

Best Regards,

Kristine Torreno

Consumer Support Team

TrendLabs HQ, Trend Micro Incorporated

In order for us to have a history of our correspondence, please do not delete the subject and the contents of this email.

1/29
Dear Czerny,
I appreciate that you are trying to help. Unfortunately you must read all of the emails I have sent to Trend Micro to understand my problem. I Have a perfectly good internet connection. In fact, I am emailing you right now from my computer directly after trying your link below. My problem does not lie with an internet connection because I am able to send and receive emails as well as surf the internet. Obviously my ISP is just fine. For some reason Trend Micro will not update on my computer and is saying that I have no internet connection. Please give me a solution to this problem. I am beginning to believe that buying a Trend Micro product is a huge waste of my time and money. Maybe I should just go to one of your comptetitors and spend my money on their products from now on. This situation is very unfortunate to me because I have had Trend Micro on previous computers before and it worked great. I recommended it to countless friends and family members. I will not be making that mistake again. I would like to have a solution, that works, to my problem and look forward to hearing from you next.

Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 18:12:21 +0800
Subject: RE: [SR #:1-122087265] RE: [RCC: US] Solution Bank - Question TO :retail@support.trendmicro.com
To:

Dear Katherine,

Greetings!

Thank you for contacting us, I am Czerny from Consumer Support Team and I apologize for the delay of our response.

In line with your concern, kindly refer to this link:

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/support/sea...=PUB-en-1035854

Hope this proves helpful to you.

It is beneficial for our records to be up to date, by simply REPLYING back to this email. Please let me know if I was able to resolve your concern(s) so I may formally close this case for you. A simple “Close this case” note would do.

Best Regards,

Czerny Batenga
Consumer Support Team

In order for us to have a history of our correspondence, please do not delete the subject and the contents of this email.

Note: The Knowledge Base is a depository of information allowing users to get help in resolving any issue that may arise in using Trend Micro products. You can visit knowledge base web site at this link: http://esupport.trendmicro.com

1/26-

Thank you for your help Geno,
Sadly the problem still isn't fixed. I uninstalled Trend Micro like you told me to. When I went to install it again using the link you provided, non of the windows you said would pop up actually popped up. I therefor installed Trend Micro again with the disk I bought. I tried to activate and update it, but when I tried it told me to "reconnect this computer to the internet immediately". I was already connected to the internet. It said if I can "successfully open websites and receive email but still receive this warning" then Trend Micro server was doing maintenance work and I should try back in 45 mins. I tried it again an hour and fifteen minutes later and got the same message. Twice. What gives?

Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 08:53:25 +0800
Subject: RE: [SR #:1-122087265] RE: [RCC: US] Solution Bank - Question TO : retail@support.trendmicro.com
To:

Dear ,

A pleasant day to you!

Thank you for choosing Trend Micro as your computer's safeguard against virus.

Hi I'm Geno and please allow me to provide you assistance with your questions and concerns about our product.

I understand that you are having some problems with Trend Micro AntiVirus Plus AntiSpyware 2008 and I apologize for whatever inconvenience this has caused you.

With regards to your concern, we will uninstall and reinstall the program on your computer. Please follow the procedure I provided below:

UNINSTALL USING THE TISSUPRT.EXE FILE

1. Close the main console if it is open.

2. Click on Start > My Computer.

3. Double-click Local Disk C: then double-click on the Program Files folder.

4. Look for the Trend Micro folder then open it.

5. Look for the Internet Security folder then open it.

6. Double-click on the TISSuprt.exe file. It has a red and white lifesaver icon. The Trend Micro Diagnostic Toolkit window appears.

7. Click on the Uninstall tab.

8. Click on the Uninstall button.

9. Click on the UnInstall button again when asked if you want to continue with the uninstallation.

Note: If a message appears asking you to delete quarantined files, click Yes to proceed with the uninstallation

10. A message appears when the uninstallation is complete. Click Yes to restart your computer.

CLEAR INTERNET CACHE

1. Click Start button.

2. Click Control Panel.

3. A window will appear, click on Internet Options.

4. A window will appear,

FOR INTERNET EXPLORER 6

- Click on Delete Cookies button and click ok on the prompt.

- Click on Delete Files and check on the Delete Offline Content and click Ok on the prompt.

FOR INTERNET EXPLORER 7

- Click on Delete button.

- A window will appear click on the last button which has the Delete All Internet Files.

- Click ok on the prompt.

DELETE TEMPORARY FILES

1. Click Start button.

2. Do the following

For Windows XP

- Click Run.

- Type %temp%

For Windows Vista

- On the search box above the Start / Windows Orb button.

- Type %temp%

3. Delete all the files in the Temp folder.

DELETE THE TREND MICRO FOLDER

1. Click Start

2. Click My Computer

3. Click Local Disk C:

4. Click Program Files folder.

5. Find the Trend Micro folder then delete it.

INSTALLATION

Before installing Trend Micro AntiVirus plus AntiSpyware 2008, make sure your computer meets the minimum system requirements of the program.

Follow these steps to install Trend Micro AntiVirus plus AntiSpyware 2008:

1. Download and save the Trend Micro AntiVirus plus AntiSpyware 2008 installer.

http://www.trendmicro.com/ftp/products/tav...05_1015_x32.exe
(Note: If you can't click on the link above, you may copy the entire web URL and paste it on the address bar of your internet browser.)

Note: Downloading the installer may take a while, depending on the speed of your Internet connection.

2. On the File Download window, click on Save.

3. The Save As window appears. Click on Desktop as the location and click on Save.

4. Double-click the downloaded file to start the installation.

If you are using a CD installer, insert the CD and click Install Program.

Note: If you are using Windows Vista, a message may appear saying "A program needs your permission to continue". Click Continue to proceed with the installation.

5. The Trend Micro AntiVirus plus AntiSpyware installation window will appear. Wait as the following is checked:

- Virus & Spyware
- Minimum system requirements
- Other anti-virus or anti-spyware program installed in your computer
- Older version of Trend Micro installed in your computer

6. Read the license agreement, select I accept the terms in the license agreement then click Next .

7. On the Serial Number window, type your serial number in the spaces provided then click Next. Refer to this link to find your serial number.

8. Click the Install button to start the installation process.

9. The Installation Complete window will be displayed. Click Next to start the services for Trend Micro AntiVirus plus AntiSpyware.

10. The progress for activating/starting the Trend Micro AntiVirus plus AntiSpyware services will be displayed. Wait until the progress indicator is complete.

Proceed to activating and registering your copy of Trend Micro AntiVirus plus AntiSpyware 2008. Provide the information required in the spaces provided.

11. A confirmation window will appear so you could check if the information you provided is correct. Click Next once you have verified the information.

12. The Activation Complete notification will appear. The installation, including activation, is now complete. Click Close to close the window.

You can also refer to the following link.

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/support/sea...=PUB-en-1035993
(Note: If you can't click on the link above, you may copy the entire web URL and paste it on the address bar of your internet browser.)

Please reply, for us to know if your inquiry has been addressed completely. A simple "close this case" message is appreciated.

Do not hesitate to tell us about problems with regards to our products. I’ll be assisting you personally for that matter.

Best Regards,

Geno Romblon
Consumer Support Team

1/20-
Dear Tristan,
Thank you very much for trying to help me fix my problem. Unfortunately, the things you have told me to do in your last email to me did not work. When I went to update trend micro, it still said "unable to fix". What else can I do?

Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 18:14:21 +0800
Subject: RE: [SR #:1-122087265] RE: [RCC: US] Solution Bank - Question TO : retail@support.trendmicro.com

Dear Valued Client,

I understand that you are still having problems with the update.

We are getting closer in isolating the problem, kindly follow the steps below so we can properly determine the issue.

First of all I'm very sorry for the trouble these issues have caused you but please try this solution to solve your problem.

Unable to update – Check your internet connection….

A. Quit all TIS modules

-Double click on My computer/Computer on the desktop
-Double click on drive C:
-Double click on Program Files folder
-Double click on Trend Micro folder
-Double click on Internet Security folder
-Double click on TISSUPRT.exe
-Click on Quit All Components

B. Back up patchw32.dll and ciussi32.dll

-Click Start -> My Computer

or Computer in Windows Vista
-Open Local disk C:
Go to \Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security-Copy the files patchw32.dll and ciussi32.dll and paste to Desktop
-Delete patchw32.dll and ciussi32.dll from C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security
C. Start All TIS Modules

-Click on Start All Components

D. Perform another update

Internet Security -> Trend Micro Internet Security-> Trend Micro Internet Security
Click on Update Now button

Note: The Knowledge Base is a depository of information allowing users to get help in resolving any issue that may arise in using Trend Micro products. You can visit knowledge base web site at this link: http://kb.trendmicro.com/solutions/solutionSearch.asp

I hope the information I have provided help fix the problem that you are experiencing. We appreciate your patience and cooperation on this matter. Should you have further concerns, please do not hesitate in sending us an e-mail. It is always our pleasure assisting you.

If ever your issue has been resolved, please email us back with a simple "close case" message so that we could formally close this case.

Best Regards,

Tristan I. Samonte Jr.

Consumer Support Team

1/12-Hello Paula,
I have followed your directions that were included in your last email. I still cannot update anything. It will not give me the problem now, it just says "unable to fix". What else can I do?

Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2007 14:56:55 +0800
Subject: [SR #:1-122087265] RE: [RCC: US] Solution Bank - Question TO : retail@support.trendmicro.com

Warning: Your file, tis_160_win_en_patch_sffnup1645.zip/tis_160_win_en_patch_sffnup1645/tis_160_win_en_patch_sffnup1645.exe, is password-protected. It was not scanned by InterScan MSS.

Dear ,

Hello there!

Thank you for contacting Trend Micro Technical Support. My name is Paula. I have carefully read your email and I understand that you have a problem updating your program.

If I misunderstood your concern/s, please feel free in replying to this email with more information regarding your inquiry.

Kindly download the patch (.zip file) attached to this email and extract the file to install.

1. Download attached file: tis_160_win_en_patch_sffnup1645.zip

2. Save the file on your desktop. Extract the files.

Password: novirus

3. Open tis_160_win_en_patch_sffnup1645 folder

4. Double-click tis_160_win_en_patch_sffnup1645.exe and follow the prompts to install the patch.

After install, restart your computer and check again if you still have the same problem downloading updates.

Please let me know if I was able to address all of your concerns. If not, kindly reply to this email with any clarification that you would like to make and we will gladly provide the answers for you.

If ever your issue has been resolved, please email us back with a simple "close case" message so that we could formally close this case. It is always our pleasure assisting you.

Best Regards,
Paula Legaspi
Consumer Support Team

12/24-Problem Description : I cannot update Trend Micro or find out about vulnerabilities on my computer because Trend Micro says my computer cannot connect to the internet. Obviously my computer can connect to the internet because I'm emailing you about my problem. I have been using the internet from my computer all day. What can I do to fix this problem?

So I have done all that they have asked and I still can't do anything. they referred me here and told me to click the "Analyze this" button and post the log file from hijackthis and ask you guys what I should do. The problem is that there is nothing that says log file for me to copy and paste...and i just don't know enough about computers to try and figure it out. When I went to click "Analyze this" button, it directed me to a site and there was nothing to click on that says log file. I hope someone can help me figure this out!

Edit: Moved topic to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,072 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:44 PM

Posted 05 February 2008 - 06:54 AM

How do you connect to the internet? Do you have any specialized Internet settings on your system or network? How about any specialized tweaking, security, or internet tools?
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 fxyldy19

fxyldy19
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2008 - 02:31 PM

No I log onto the internet the regular way. I have an icon on my desktop that I can double click on and I also can do it from the start menu. I have both firefox and internet explorer.

#4 fxyldy19

fxyldy19
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2008 - 05:32 PM

Hello! OK so this has been going on for over a month now and TrendMicro can't give me any answers! Basically it all started when I tried to update my newly purchased TrendMicro. When I try and update it says that I need to connect to the internet before I can update. Problem is, i was already connected to the internet. When I uninstalled Trend Micro and installed it again, all of the sudden I could not activate or update it. The message I received was, "Please reconnect this computer to the internet immediately to activate your software. If you can successfully open websites and receive email but still received this warning, then scheduled Trend Micro server maintenance has prevented you from activating Trend Micro Antivirus. Please wait forty-five minutes before trying again." Here are my emails to Trend Micro and their responses...

1/30

Dear ,

A pleasant day to you!

Thank you for contacting Trend Micro Technical Support.

Kindly send us the following information for analysis:

1. Click on this link to go to download Hijackthis_v2:

http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en-US/th...JackThis_v2.exe
2. Click on SAVE and Save it on desktop.
3. After downloading, close all windows and double-click on Hijackthis_v2
4. Follow all prompts until you arrive at main menu
5. Click on Do a system scan and save a log file. This will generate the hijackthis logfile and another window should appear in a form a text file. (notepad file)
6. Please reply to this email and attach the logfiles

Please let me know if I was able to answer all of your inquiries. Should you have further concerns, please do not hesitate in sending us an e-mail. It is always our pleasure assisting you.

Best Regards,

Best Regards,

Kristine Torreno

Consumer Support Team

1/29
Dear Czerny,
I appreciate that you are trying to help. Unfortunately you must read all of the emails I have sent to Trend Micro to understand my problem. I Have a perfectly good internet connection. In fact, I am emailing you right now from my computer directly after trying your link below. My problem does not lie with an internet connection because I am able to send and receive emails as well as surf the internet. Obviously my ISP is just fine. For some reason Trend Micro will not update on my computer and is saying that I have no internet connection. Please give me a solution to this problem. I am beginning to believe that buying a Trend Micro product is a huge waste of my time and money. Maybe I should just go to one of your comptetitors and spend my money on their products from now on. This situation is very unfortunate to me because I have had Trend Micro on previous computers before and it worked great. I recommended it to countless friends and family members. I will not be making that mistake again. I would like to have a solution, that works, to my problem and look forward to hearing from you next.

Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 18:12:21 +0800
Subject: RE: [SR #:1-122087265] RE: [RCC: US] Solution Bank - Question TO :retail@support.trendmicro.com
To:

Dear Katherine,

Greetings!

Thank you for contacting us, I am Czerny from Consumer Support Team and I apologize for the delay of our response.

In line with your concern, kindly refer to this link:

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/support/sea...=PUB-en-1035854

Hope this proves helpful to you.

It is beneficial for our records to be up to date, by simply REPLYING back to this email. Please let me know if I was able to resolve your concern(s) so I may formally close this case for you. A simple “Close this case” note would do.

Best Regards,

Czerny Batenga
Consumer Support Team

Note: The Knowledge Base is a depository of information allowing users to get help in resolving any issue that may arise in using Trend Micro products. You can visit knowledge base web site at this link: http://esupport.trendmicro.com

1/26-

Thank you for your help Geno,
Sadly the problem still isn't fixed. I uninstalled Trend Micro like you told me to. When I went to install it again using the link you provided, non of the windows you said would pop up actually popped up. I therefor installed Trend Micro again with the disk I bought. I tried to activate and update it, but when I tried it told me to "reconnect this computer to the internet immediately". I was already connected to the internet. It said if I can "successfully open websites and receive email but still receive this warning" then Trend Micro server was doing maintenance work and I should try back in 45 mins. I tried it again an hour and fifteen minutes later and got the same message. Twice. What gives?

Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 08:53:25 +0800
To:

Dear ,

A pleasant day to you!

Thank you for choosing Trend Micro as your computer's safeguard against virus.

Hi I'm Geno and please allow me to provide you assistance with your questions and concerns about our product.

I understand that you are having some problems with Trend Micro AntiVirus Plus AntiSpyware 2008 and I apologize for whatever inconvenience this has caused you.

With regards to your concern, we will uninstall and reinstall the program on your computer. Please follow the procedure I provided below:

UNINSTALL USING THE TISSUPRT.EXE FILE

1. Close the main console if it is open.

2. Click on Start > My Computer.

3. Double-click Local Disk C: then double-click on the Program Files folder.

4. Look for the Trend Micro folder then open it.

5. Look for the Internet Security folder then open it.

6. Double-click on the TISSuprt.exe file. It has a red and white lifesaver icon. The Trend Micro Diagnostic Toolkit window appears.

7. Click on the Uninstall tab.

8. Click on the Uninstall button.

9. Click on the UnInstall button again when asked if you want to continue with the uninstallation.

Note: If a message appears asking you to delete quarantined files, click Yes to proceed with the uninstallation

10. A message appears when the uninstallation is complete. Click Yes to restart your computer.

CLEAR INTERNET CACHE

1. Click Start button.

2. Click Control Panel.

3. A window will appear, click on Internet Options.

4. A window will appear,

FOR INTERNET EXPLORER 6

- Click on Delete Cookies button and click ok on the prompt.

- Click on Delete Files and check on the Delete Offline Content and click Ok on the prompt.

FOR INTERNET EXPLORER 7

- Click on Delete button.

- A window will appear click on the last button which has the Delete All Internet Files.

- Click ok on the prompt.

DELETE TEMPORARY FILES

1. Click Start button.

2. Do the following

For Windows XP

- Click Run.

- Type %temp%

For Windows Vista

- On the search box above the Start / Windows Orb button.

- Type %temp%

3. Delete all the files in the Temp folder.

DELETE THE TREND MICRO FOLDER

1. Click Start

2. Click My Computer

3. Click Local Disk C:

4. Click Program Files folder.

5. Find the Trend Micro folder then delete it.

INSTALLATION

Before installing Trend Micro AntiVirus plus AntiSpyware 2008, make sure your computer meets the minimum system requirements of the program.

Follow these steps to install Trend Micro AntiVirus plus AntiSpyware 2008:

1. Download and save the Trend Micro AntiVirus plus AntiSpyware 2008 installer.

http://www.trendmicro.com/ftp/products/tav...05_1015_x32.exe

Note: Downloading the installer may take a while, depending on the speed of your Internet connection.

2. On the File Download window, click on Save.

3. The Save As window appears. Click on Desktop as the location and click on Save.

4. Double-click the downloaded file to start the installation.

If you are using a CD installer, insert the CD and click Install Program.

Note: If you are using Windows Vista, a message may appear saying "A program needs your permission to continue". Click Continue to proceed with the installation.

5. The Trend Micro AntiVirus plus AntiSpyware installation window will appear. Wait as the following is checked:

- Virus & Spyware
- Minimum system requirements
- Other anti-virus or anti-spyware program installed in your computer
- Older version of Trend Micro installed in your computer

6. Read the license agreement, select I accept the terms in the license agreement then click Next .

7. On the Serial Number window, type your serial number in the spaces provided then click Next. Refer to this link to find your serial number.

8. Click the Install button to start the installation process.

9. The Installation Complete window will be displayed. Click Next to start the services for Trend Micro AntiVirus plus AntiSpyware.

10. The progress for activating/starting the Trend Micro AntiVirus plus AntiSpyware services will be displayed. Wait until the progress indicator is complete.

Proceed to activating and registering your copy of Trend Micro AntiVirus plus AntiSpyware 2008. Provide the information required in the spaces provided.

11. A confirmation window will appear so you could check if the information you provided is correct. Click Next once you have verified the information.

12. The Activation Complete notification will appear. The installation, including activation, is now complete. Click Close to close the window.

You can also refer to the following link.

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/support/sea...=PUB-en-1035993

Please reply, for us to know if your inquiry has been addressed completely. A simple "close this case" message is appreciated.

Do not hesitate to tell us about problems with regards to our products. I’ll be assisting you personally for that matter.

Best Regards,

Geno Romblon
Consumer Support Team

1/20-
Dear Tristan,
Thank you very much for trying to help me fix my problem. Unfortunately, the things you have told me to do in your last email to me did not work. When I went to update trend micro, it still said "unable to fix". What else can I do?

Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 18:14:21 +0800

Dear Valued Client,

I understand that you are still having problems with the update.

We are getting closer in isolating the problem, kindly follow the steps below so we can properly determine the issue.

First of all I'm very sorry for the trouble these issues have caused you but please try this solution to solve your problem.

Unable to update – Check your internet connection….

A. Quit all TIS modules

-Click on Quit All Components

B. Back up patchw32.dll and ciussi32.dll

-Click Start -> My Computer

or Computer in Windows Vista
-Open Local disk C:
Go to \Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security-Copy the files patchw32.dll and ciussi32.dll and paste to Desktop
-Delete patchw32.dll and ciussi32.dll from C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security
C. Start All TIS Modules

-Click on Start All Components

D. Perform another update

Internet Security -> Trend Micro Internet Security-> Trend Micro Internet Security
Click on Update Now button

I hope the information I have provided help fix the problem that you are experiencing. We appreciate your patience and cooperation on this matter. Should you have further concerns, please do not hesitate in sending us an e-mail. It is always our pleasure assisting you.

Best Regards,

Tristan I. Samonte Jr.

Consumer Support Team

1/12-Hello Paula,
I have followed your directions that were included in your last email. I still cannot update anything. It will not give me the problem now, it just says "unable to fix". What else can I do?

Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2007 14:56:55 +0800
Subject: [SR #:1-122087265] RE: [RCC: US] Solution Bank - Question TO : retail@support.trendmicro.com

Warning: Your file, tis_160_win_en_patch_sffnup1645.zip/tis_160_win_en_patch_sffnup1645/tis_160_win_en_patch_sffnup1645.exe, is password-protected. It was not scanned by InterScan MSS.

Dear ,

Hello there!

Thank you for contacting Trend Micro Technical Support. My name is Paula. I have carefully read your email and I understand that you have a problem updating your program.

If I misunderstood your concern/s, please feel free in replying to this email with more information regarding your inquiry.

Kindly download the patch (.zip file) attached to this email and extract the file to install.

1. Download attached file: tis_160_win_en_patch_sffnup1645.zip

2. Save the file on your desktop. Extract the files.

Password: novirus

3. Open tis_160_win_en_patch_sffnup1645 folder

4. Double-click tis_160_win_en_patch_sffnup1645.exe and follow the prompts to install the patch.

After install, restart your computer and check again if you still have the same problem downloading updates.

Please let me know if I was able to address all of your concerns. If not, kindly reply to this email with any clarification that you would like to make and we will gladly provide the answers for you.

If ever your issue has been resolved, please email us back with a simple "close case" message so that we could formally close this case. It is always our pleasure assisting you.

Best Regards,
Paula Legaspi
Consumer Support Team

12/24-Problem Description : I cannot update Trend Micro or find out about vulnerabilities on my computer because Trend Micro says my computer cannot connect to the internet. Obviously my computer can connect to the internet because I'm emailing you about my problem. I have been using the internet from my computer all day. What can I do to fix this problem?

So I have done all that they have asked and I still can't do anything. they referred me here and told me to click the "Analyze this" button and post the log file from hijackthis and ask you guys what I should do. The problem is that there is nothing that says log file for me to copy and paste...and i just don't know enough about computers to try and figure it out. When I went to click "Analyze this" button, it directed me to a site and there was nothing to click on that says log file. I hope someone can help me figure this out!

This is actually a re-post...I connect to the internet the regular way...no special codes or passwords. I just click on the icon on my desktop or go to my start menu and i'm online. Any suggestions on what I can do?

#5 BuckeyeNation

BuckeyeNation

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2008 - 09:37 PM

I am having the exact same problem, and getting the same message when trying to activate my subscription.
Have you had any luck finding a solution to this problem yet?

#6 Madi Potter

Madi Potter

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2009 - 08:57 PM

Has anyone figured out what the problem is yet?! Seriously I just encountered this as of yesterday and it's making me mad. ALSO My windows won't update either, both are saying that I need to connect to the internet, yet I am connected to the internet, so it's really irking me. I have a feeling it's because of a virus I encountered yesterday but I was able to lock it and then delete it. So I'm not sure what the problem is!

#7 LadyRanmyaku

LadyRanmyaku

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2009 - 12:56 AM

Hi guys, I know this is late, but I encountered the same problem, and just fixed it this evening.

Upon trying to figure out why trend micro wouldn't load updates, and why my access to certain sites was blocked, including windows updates and sites for other antivirus software, I finally found a problem that fit those symptoms. There is a certain type of worm that you can get from an e-mail attachment that blocks certain types of sites that allow updates, and works its way around your current software and into the registry so you can't get rid of it with existing stuff.

Well, what I did, and it worked for me, was I downloaded malwarebytes, because I'd heard about it from a friend. This was not through their direct site, it was blocked, but from a file storing site. I'll attach the link at the end.

It took about two hours to do the full scan, but it seems to have removed the problem. I downloaded and installed the update from trend successfully and a patch from windows after a reboot, and hopefully I will not encounter any more problems. I don't know if this is the same problem everyone else seems to be having, but maybe this is a step in the right direction?

http://www.filehippo.com/download_malwarebytes_anti_malware/

That's the link for you, hope it works. Best wishes!

#8 Hooded Robin

Hooded Robin

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:44 AM

Posted 31 July 2010 - 01:33 PM

Thank you LadyRanmyaku!
I was having the same problem as everyone else above; my copy of Trend Micro wouldn't update (it could get the size of the file but something was blocking it from downloading the file). After removing some dodgy programs that shouldn't have been running it still wouldn't update and we couldn't figure out why. Malware Bytes took less than 7 minutes to do a quick scan and it picked up 4 Trojan infections (two were registry data items listed as DNS changers, which i assume were the main problem stopping the update).
If you're having a similar problem then i highly recommend MalwareBytes, at the time of writing i downloaded it for free using LadyRanmyaku's link above. Whatever had infected my computer was also stopping MalwareBytes from updating, but since it removed the infections both MalwareBytes and Trend Micro are updating fine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users