Hello Matthew and welcome to BC
What security programs did you run and what did they find?
As for the Windows can't find message at boot-up, that means one of your security programs has deleted a file, but the registry key that points to it is still in the computer. To take care of this download Autoruns
, search for ssqpq.exe and delete it.
- Create a new folder on your hard drive called AutoRuns (C:\AutoRuns) and extract (unzip) the file there. (click here if you're not sure how to do this.)
- Open the folder and double-click on autoruns.exe to launch it.
- Please be patient as it scans and populates the entries.
- When done scanning, it will say Ready at the bottom.
- Scroll through the list and look for a startup entry related to the file in the error message.
- Right-click on the entry and choose delete.
- Reboot your computer and see if the startup error returns.
In addition, I would like you to scan your computer with SUPERAntiSpyware in Safe Mode
. Of course you will install it in normal mode.
Download and install SUPERAntiSpyware free found here: http://www.superantispyware.com/superantis...efreevspro.html
Be sure to click on the download button to the left, not on the free trial download on the right.
Install it and double-click the icon on your desktop to run it.
· It will ask if you want to update the program definitions, click Yes.
· Under Configuration and Preferences, click the Preferences button.
· Click the Scanning Control tab.
· Under Scanner Options make sure the following are checked:
o Close browsers before scanning
o Scan for tracking cookies
o Terminate memory threats before quarantining.
o Please leave the others unchecked.
o Click the Close button to leave the control center screen.
Reboot into Safe Mode
· On the main screen, under Scan for Harmful Software click Scan your computer.
· On the left check C:\Fixed Drive.
· On the right, under Complete Scan, choose Perform Complete Scan.
· Click Next to start the scan. Please be patient while it scans your computer.
· After the scan is complete a summary box will appear. Click OK.
· Make sure everything in the white box has a check next to it, then click Next.
· It will quarantine what it found and if it asks if you want to reboot, click Yes.
Reboot into normal mode.
· To retrieve the removal information for me please do the following:
o After reboot, double-click the SUPERAntispyware icon on your desktop.
o Click Preferences. Click the Statistics/Logs tab.
o Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.
o It will open in your default text editor (such as Notepad/Wordpad).
o Please highlight everything in the notepad, then right-click and choose copy.
· Click close and close again to exit the program.
Please paste the log in your next reply.