Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sound gone

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 The Trip

The Trip

• Members
  • 244 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:15 AM

Posted 08 March 2005 - 08:11 PM

I got a new comp, (as you all probably know by now), and I decided to go install every game I own. Well I went to install Age of Empires, and every time I tried to install it, it would freeze at 75%.
So I used Unstopable Copier and copy the Entire CD to my HDD, and it installed fine, and ran too. The only problem was every time between music changes it would freeze for a seconed. Well, one time it froze bad, so I let my comp on for an hour, because I did not want to go and mess my comp up from restarting.
It still didnt give, so I finally gave-in, and rebooted.
Once it came on again, I noticed that I had no sound, and on some games I would get an error, one of them informing me I dont have a sound card & Drivers.

So I took out my Mobo Drivers Disc, and installed the Realtek Audio Drivers, Rebooted, and it still didnt work. I did some more dinking around that didnt help, and one on the boots I got a BSOD, but have not seen it since.

So the problem remains, that I have "no sound card", or "audio drivers", which means I cannot play sound (obviously).
I am using a Shuttle AB60N Motherboard, and the built in audio

The only solution I can think of is to go out and buy a Sound Card.
Can any one help me with this?

*****UPDATE*******
I went on using my computer like I normally do, playing games, and tweaking the registry. Well about 3-4 restarts later (from configuring stuff more), windows seemed to fix itself somehow, the sound works all in normal order. I couldnt have been system restore I know that, because I am running Windows 2K, but o well, I dont need to know the resons as long as it works, I am ok.

Edited by The Trip, 09 March 2005 - 11:22 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:15 AM

Posted 10 March 2005 - 12:02 AM

Half the time my computer doesnt work i fix it by kicking on it...no joke. Prob something loose in there :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users