Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Printer Driver Problems

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 JazzMahn

JazzMahn

• Members
  • 374 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:07 PM

Posted 04 February 2008 - 07:59 PM

I am trying to help a friend who is having trouble with her printer. She still has in Control Panel-Printers drivers installed for an Epson Priter and a Canon Printer. The Canon Printer is a multi function printer that is a year old. I believe the model is a MP500. As it was not working, I went to the site and downloaded the most current drivers. I went back to control panel-printers and chose to set up a new printer. I set it up and installed the new printer driver. When I went back and tried to do a test page, it wouldn't work. She also has a brand new HP printer so she thought she would install it.

Am I correct. Do I need to uninstall all printers listed in control panel and by doing so uninstall the drivers before I install the HP. She tried installing the HP on her own and it is not working either.

Any ideas on how I can go about correcting this for her would sure be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 syunichi

syunichi

• Members
  • 130 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:07 PM

Posted 04 February 2008 - 08:55 PM

Hmm...I believe that it is using a USB printer cable? You might want to switch USB ports to do test prints or switch to another USB cable test the connectivity. Also inside the printer and faxes window, delete all existing printers before installing new ones just to make sure you have a clean installation.

And when you say about installing a new driver, was it from the printer properties, on the advance tab ( for updating existing printer drivers ) ? Troubleshoot slowly from the USB ports to USB cable and installation method. You might stumble on which is the solution for your problem. Good luck :thumbsup:
Posted Image

Tech Support: "Do you have any windows open right now?"
Customer: "Are you crazy woman, it's twenty below outside..."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users