Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Application Won't Work Unless You Are Administrator.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Wassim

Wassim

• Members
  • 376 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:15 AM

Posted 04 February 2008 - 05:35 PM

Hello,

At work, we use an application over the network, it seems that this application is not working unless we set the users account as administrator, now the problem is that some people are screwing with the settings on the PC because we need to make them administrators to use that application.

So is there anyway in XP pro where i can set policies for the user and maybe add that application the the policy list so it works on limited users account?

We contacted the supplier and each time they say that they are looking for the solution.

we have a peer to peer network and not domain control or else it would've been easy.

and please don't advise me to use group policy editing to disable some functions because i am looking for a way that doesnt make me sit on each of the many PCs to set the Group policy.

thanks.
"Stuffy Hall Admin of the Typing Skills Enhancing School Program"

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wassim

Wassim
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 376 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:15 AM

Posted 04 February 2008 - 06:26 PM

well i went to the MMC (Microsoft management control) and saw that there is a group called power users that can run some application a group that has the limited profile and only adding it to it that i can run and install applications but i didn't succeed .

any one knows how can i create an account or a group where i can set the restrictions?
"Stuffy Hall Admin of the Typing Skills Enhancing School Program"

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:15 PM

Posted 04 February 2008 - 07:10 PM

I would think that the solution revolves around giving standard users the permissions to interact with that particular software. It'll depend on what particular access errors that you're receiving - but usually sharing out the directory with the application (or modifying the permissions of it) will allow the users to access it.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users