Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Program On My Computer That I Can Not Uninstall

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 bambii_27

bambii_27

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:31 PM

Posted 04 February 2008 - 04:12 AM

Yesterday I recieved help on removin a trojan horse that got on my computer from a file that was downloaded by mistake. Now the Trojan is gone but the file is still ther and I can not get it off the computer. Its makin the computer run realy
reall, really, really, slow. Heres what I do and maybe someone can help me out:

I go to the control panel
click uninstall
then from the list of programs I click on the file called File Secure
then I right click and uninstall will pop up and I click it
then ofcourse Vista makes me continue or cancel
so I continue
then a box comes up w this info:

Uninstall File Secure

Remove File Secure from your computer

File Secure will be uninstalled from C:\program files\file secure\

then at the bottom instead of uninstall or cancel it has close or cancel well I clicked close lol and that's sure what the FFFF it did

This takes up 3.75MB

and I'm not sure if this is any help but this was on there

FCC74B77-EC3E-4D08-A80B-008A702075A9

Need anymore info just let me know. I just need to get this off the computer b4 it stops it lol (not sure if it will do that but its seems like it)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Armorthane

Armorthane

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:31 PM

Posted 04 February 2008 - 12:39 PM

You will have to do a manual uninstall to remove it.

RC Start (the MS icon in the lower left), select Explore (if Program Files isn't seen in the left column, select C-drive in the address bar at the top or scroll up until you do).

Select the Program Files folder and then select the File Secure folder and look for a uninstall icon.

If there is, consider giving it a try and hope for the best since they may have titled a malicious program uninstall.

From your description, odds are they didn't provide one and you will just have to delete the File Secure folder entirely.

If you get a dialog box indicating you don't have permission to delete the folder, you will need to adjust your user authority (if you didn't, skip past the *** lines).

Should deleting the folder not work at all, you will need to repeat the process in SAFE MODE.

Fastest way is to type msconfig in the Start Search entry and click the top selection.

Select the boot tab in the box that appears and check safe boot, apply, OK and reboot.

Once done, repeat the above 2 lines but uncheck the box this time but before you OK, go back to the General tab and make sure Normal Startup is marked (if not, select it and apply) and then reboot.

***If your not a Administrator and only a user, your Administrator will have to make the changes below.

***RC the File Secure folder and select Properties.

***Select the Security tab and see if there is a entry in the top window with Administrators with your name or your computers name.

***If there is, just adjust your settings by selecting Edit and checking the Full Control box in the window below, after again selecting your Administrators entry, and apply them.

Now the program may still appear in the Uninstall list but it will be harmless to leave if selecting it again still doesn't remove it from the list.

And there will still be some entries in your Registry but unless you're comfortable making changes there, I don't recommend going any further.

If you have a Registry cleaner program, it should be able to remove them itself.

Hope this helps.

#3 Jacee

Jacee

Bleeping around

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:31 PM

Posted 04 February 2008 - 02:46 PM

What was the name of the Trojan?

MS_MVP.gif
MS MVP Windows-Security 2006-2016
Member of UNITE, the Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

Admin PC Pitstop

#4 Pete Belcher

Pete Belcher

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:31 PM

Posted 14 February 2008 - 06:54 AM

I have this proeblem as well, Think the trojan is calle obsfuscaled.gx. This is what pops up on the creen when the stupid program keeps telling me I have a trojan.
How can I get rid of it?
Pete Belcher

#5 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:31 PM

Posted 14 February 2008 - 07:53 AM

You mean besides trying the instructions listed above?

#6 Pete Belcher

Pete Belcher

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 14 February 2008 - 09:49 AM

Have managed to get rid of the File Secure softwaer using the above, but, still get a warning when Vista starts that my PC is infected with a trojan.
Pete Belcher

#7 Pete Belcher

Pete Belcher

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 14 February 2008 - 09:50 AM

Sorry should have added that if I close this warning (using the RED CROSS) It gives no more trouble during that session. Only appears again when starting next time.
Pete Belcher

#8 figgis41

figgis41

• Members
  • 801 posts
  •  

Posted 15 February 2008 - 04:48 AM

hi pete,,,, download this spyware scanner,, the free version,, update the virus defonitions then do a complete scan
http://www.superantispyware.com/?tag=GOOGLE-SUPERANTISPYWARE

if this dose not work, go to the "am i infected & what should i do" section in the forums page and post your problem there giveing as much details as possable and the specs of your pc,,, some one will give you help there.
good luck
Figgis,,,, LUFC

#9 Pete Belcher

Pete Belcher

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 15 February 2008 - 10:27 AM

Super Antispyware found nothing - will go to the forum with as much info as possible - thanks figgis41
Pete Belcher

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users