Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Core.cache.dsk

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ammexico

ammexico

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:05 AM

Posted 04 February 2008 - 03:56 AM

Ive run Adaware, Spybot SD, SuperAntiSpyware, and AVG antispyware and they all come back clean. Ive run ATH cleaner and Vundofix. ComboFix comes back clean in safe mode but when I reboot in normal mode, core.cache.dsk is still there and Combofix cant delete it and all my attempts to manually delete it have failed. Every time I reboot it makes IE my default browser (I use Firefox), and I get IE popups every 5 mins or so when I'm browsing, most of the time the popups hang and dont actually connect to anything. I'm at my wits end here, any help would be greatly appreciated.

attached are my current Combofix and HJT logs

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Blender

Blender

I will eat your Malware

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,363 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:05 AM

Posted 12 February 2008 - 03:08 AM

Hi and welcome,

Sorry for the long delay. We are all quite busy.

If you still need assistance please post a fresh hijackthis log here and let me know if that file core.cache.dsk is still present.

I'll have an order of massive trojan attack please with a side order of rootkit and virus dip.
Pre-course order of fresh spyware salad please with a side order of polymorphic dressing.
And to drink...a nice tall glass of adware!

For dessert; can I have a bowl of the freshest worms you have please?.

Never Give Up!

If you are happy with the service I provided, please consider making a donation to help me continue the fight against Malware Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users