Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Firewall Question

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 pimpologist

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Local time:07:55 AM

Posted 04 February 2008 - 12:07 AM

I recently purchased a router which my computer is "wired" to it, and i know all or most routers have built in firewalls......now i heard that the windows firewall on windows vista controls inbound and outbound traffic unlike the previous ones. My question is, is that true about the windows vista firewall, and will the windows firewall and the one in the router be enough?.....i mean i still plan on scanning for spyware / virus' frequently but i was just wondering if those firewalls were enough protection.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  • Local time:12:55 PM

Posted 04 February 2008 - 06:41 AM

You are correct, the windows firewall in vista can monitor outbound programs. A hardware firewall and a software one will do quite well, however I would advise the use of a different firewall.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users