Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot Connect To Internet Through Firefox Or Ie.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 JoshT

JoshT

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:02 AM

Posted 03 February 2008 - 08:19 PM

Hi all,

I've got a PC that is connected to the internet, but when I launch firefox, it says "Connect was reset" and when I try IE, it just shows the same type of message, But I'm able to use Pidgin, an IM Client, as well as Filezilla, an FTP Client.

I've used Spybot Search and Destroy, and it found a "vanbot" and it said it got rid of it. I've ran AVG anti-spyware, nothing.
right now I'm running avast anti-virus.

I've tried all the ipconfig /release /renew commands, and nothing.
-Josh

Edit: Moved topic to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:02 AM

Posted 04 February 2008 - 01:21 AM

Hi JoshT,

Go to the Control Panel then Network Connections.
Click once on your active Connection.
From the menu on the left, select Repair This Connection.

If you cannot connect to IE or Firefox, please read Using LSP-Fix to remove Spyware & Hijackers and download the LSP-Fix from it's download location.

LSP-Fix is a utility designed to remove and repair problems associated with a a type of software called a Layered Service Provider, or LSP. LSPs are designed to integrate directly into your TCP/IP layer, the protocol you use to communicate on the Internet, in order to manipulate data that is sent across it. The LSPs are installed in such a way that each LSP in the TCP/IP handler are chained together. If one of these LSPs is removed incorrectly, that chain could become broken, possibly removing your ability to connect to the Internet or a network.
Because you just want to fix a broken chain, click the Finish button, (designated by the green box in Figure 1. of the Tutorial).
LSP-Fix will automatically fix the LSP chain and hopefully restore connectivity back to the network.

Or you can try Winsock2Fix, if that fix didn't work .
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/files/winsock2fix.php
When you run it, click on ReG-Backup button first to backup the registry, and then click on the Fix button.

Thank You to fellow Mod boopme for the above.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users