Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Retrieving Burned Data?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Johnz414

Johnz414

• Members
  • 471 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:24 AM

Posted 08 March 2005 - 05:04 PM

Hi,

Another question for you wisses. I do mean that as a compliment. I'm having trobles trying to figue out how to retrieve burned data from Nero's 5.5.10.56, I know it can be done very simply with Nero's 6.6 version. I used thier demo version for the trial period. But the trial period is over and I'm back on the 5.5.10.56 version where it extreemly evasive as to whether or not it even has retrieving as a part of it's programing.
So my question comes from finding the "Move To" in Windows opening programs tools ((right click the program in question), in this case the programs on the CD/DVD being shown as to what's on the CD/DVD). One of the options from right clicking the program in question is to move it to - and then it lists so many options. My question is this. Is ther a way to add options to this "Move To" option on the right click options. Like when you high light "Move To" is ther a way to add "Programs" to the option list of "Move To" or any other place that you'd like to add to "Move To". Does anyone know if this can be done and how would you?
This concern still has to do with my post about reinstalling my OS. I've made back ups of data files but I'm not finding any easy way to retrieve them for after the reinsallation. I have Windows XP Pro with SP 2 on it. Thank you.

Sincerely,

John

PS Again please excuss any spelling errors, one of the reasons I'm eager to reinstall is to get back using all links on open pages. I can't use SpelCheck till I do this.

PPS Heck if you know how to find the retrieving programing on Neros you may as well just tell me how that's done, no?

Edited by Johnz414, 08 March 2005 - 05:14 PM.

John

"Genius is nothing other than pointing out the obvious",
Albert Einstein.

"I am what I am and that is all that I am, I am Popeye the Sailor Man", Popeye.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:24 AM

Posted 08 March 2005 - 06:06 PM

First, make a shortcut to the folder.
Select this shortcut and cut it (Ctrl+C).

In XP and 2000:
Go to "C:\Documents and Settings\Your_username\SendTo" and paste it (Ctrl+V).

The "SendTo" folder is hidden, so you may need to unhide the files

Edited by tg1911, 08 March 2005 - 06:07 PM.

MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users