Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Resolution Conflicts

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 protozero

protozero

• Members
  • 447 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:14 PM

Posted 03 February 2008 - 05:18 PM

This seems like a simple problem, but it's only recently been annoying me. I use to have a nice 19" Mag Innovision and the thing worked great untill it just died and I was forced to buy another monitor. So I bought a 19" Acer widescreen ( Model number AL1916W ). And I had already had a bunch of games on my computer. But I hardly ever use to play them with my 360 next to me which I share the 19" widescreen monitor with. But once you get bored of some of your 360 games I've been going back to my PC game, Oblivion, AOE3, Supreme Commander, Crysis, ect.

But now I boot up Supreme commander and I believe the set resolution was 1280x1024, and my 19" LCD's native resolution is 1440x900. I would think it would try and fit 1280x1024 a little stretched and the wrong size, but it just fits about 1/5 of the top corner on my screen. Which makes it impossible to change the resolution and I can't find any text files in the game files to manauly change the screen size the old fashion way.

Edit: Finaly fixed it in Supreme Commander, Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines still does it, but that game lags even in 1024x768 with everything on low with a overclocked X1950 Pro and a Athlon 3500+.

Edited by protozero, 04 February 2008 - 01:45 AM.

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 V e g e t a

V e g e t a

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:14 PM

Posted 10 February 2008 - 04:38 AM

Try making a .bat file to launch the game windowed.
TUTORIAL
--------------
Open up Notepad.
Type this into it.

@echo off
title Run Game (windowed mode)
start PUT THE NAME OF THE .exe HERE -window
exit

Save this with the game .exe and put .bat on the end.
Now launch this .bat file, it should play in a window.
Any Luck?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users