1. Went to Windows Explorer/Programs and deleted all Norton and Symantec references.
2. Ran regedit
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINES\SOFTWARE\Symantec and deleted that key.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Symantec and deleted that key.
3. Made sure that all hidden folders are showing.
4 Start/Run/Search for Norton and deleted all the entries found.
5.Start/Run/Search for Symantec and deleted all the entries found.
6. Made sure that the Task Scheduler was working properly.
7. Downloaded and ran Windows Cleanup utility. None of the entries were listed.
8.Downloaded and ran RnisUPG.exe
9. Restarted computer and tried to install Norton Internet Security again and got the same failure at installation.
I also ran MSCONFIG but none of the entries Symantec mentioned were in my start-up:
Symantec Core LC
I'm at the end of my knowledge,computer skills and rope.
Can anyone help me with this?
Thanks in advance,
Edited by gaelic123, 08 March 2005 - 05:10 PM.