Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Keeps Crashing

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Whysper

Whysper

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:45 PM

Posted 03 February 2008 - 04:12 PM

I recently lost my internet due to a storm. And when it came back (three days later) it has not worked properly. I can surf for like 2 minutes and then it just crashes, then I have to reboot my computer again. But when my net crashes I can still use my IM programs. Just not able to surf around the net. I have cleared all my temp files, my caches and cookies, I have run virus scans and spybot scans, also have followed the instruction that my internet provider gave, and still no luck.

Any help would be great thanks so much

Whysper.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rongchaua

rongchaua

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 PM

Posted 03 February 2008 - 05:25 PM

But when my net crashes I can still use my IM programs

What do you mean with "my net crashes"? Do you mean your browser crashes and force to restart your computer. Then try to uninstall the old browser and install the new one. Because as you describe, you can use IM Programs, that means you have no problem with the network. Just have problem with their browser.

Posted Image

#3 Monty007

Monty007

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:15 AM

Posted 04 February 2008 - 06:14 AM

When you say your net crashes....open a command prompt and type ping google.com see if you get a response.
MCP
MSDST

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users