Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How To Fix An Error On The Computer

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 kurila

kurila

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:55 PM

Posted 03 February 2008 - 03:38 PM

Each time i start my computer i get pop-up which says an error:file cannot be found in the registry.What should i do?I tried to download the program to fix the problem but they all cost money.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rongchaua

rongchaua

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  

Posted 03 February 2008 - 05:31 PM

It seems that registry tries to launch a file at start up. Download CCleaner, Choose Tools--> Start Up. Take a look at the list and figure out which programs are called at start up. Maybe you'll find the missed files. Then delete the registry which calls this missed file and you'll have no problem more.

Posted Image

#3 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:55 PM

Posted 03 February 2008 - 08:46 PM

Hello kurila,

Registry cleaners are extremely powerful applications.
There are a number of them available and some are more safe than others. Keep in mind that no two registry cleaners work entirely the way. Each vendor uses different criteria as to what constitutes a "bad" entry. One cleaner may find entries on your system that will not cause a problem when removed, another may not find the same entries, and still another may want to remove entries required for a program to work.

Unless you have a particular problem that requires a registry edit to correct it, I would suggest you leave the registry alone. Using registry cleaning tools unnecessarily or incorrectly can have disastrous effects on your operating system such as preventing it from ever starting again..
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#4 jhsmurray

jhsmurray

• Members
  • 383 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:55 PM

Posted 04 February 2008 - 04:23 AM

Out of curiosity, are you given the name of the file in the error message?

The next step depends on whether or not this file really should be loaded.

Acer Aspire 5732z
Processor: Intel Pentium III Xeon, 2200 MHz
RAM: 3 GB
Display: Mobile Intel GMA 4500M

#5 kurila

kurila
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2008 - 09:37 PM

Yes,there is a name of the file.I tried to search for it i the registry and I couldn't find it.

#6 jhsmurray

jhsmurray

• Members
  • 383 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:55 PM

Posted 07 February 2008 - 04:23 AM

Sorry, I was a bit unclear earlier. What I meant to say is, if you tell us the name of the file, perhaps we can help you come up with the next step to reach a solution.

Acer Aspire 5732z
Processor: Intel Pentium III Xeon, 2200 MHz
RAM: 3 GB
Display: Mobile Intel GMA 4500M

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users