Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help Please With My Hijackthis Log

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16 replies to this topic

#1 waterface

waterface

• Members
  • 177 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:17 PM

Posted 03 February 2008 - 03:25 PM

Hi, i ran AVG free & it found something in documents called :-

Virus identIfied/Java/byte Verify.

My Ashampoo firewall gave me an alert to do with the 'Java' thing & i declined the 'allow or dissalow'

Here's my log :-

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 20:18:15, on 03/02/2008
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007\aawservice.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
C:\Program Files\Ashampoo\Ashampoo FireWall\FireWall.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\jusched.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgcc.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgamsvr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgupsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\Program Files\MailWasher\MailWasher.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\usnsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://www.orange.co.uk/iesearch/
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.google.co.uk/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.orange.co.uk
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7E853D72-626A-48EC-A868-BA8D5E23E045} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - (no file)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IgfxTray] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Ashampoo FireWall] "C:\Program Files\Ashampoo\Ashampoo FireWall\FireWall.exe" -TRAY
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgcc.exe /STARTUP
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [msnmsgr] "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe" /background
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [AVG7_Run] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgw.exe /RUNONCE (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [AVG7_Run] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgw.exe /RUNONCE (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [AVG7_Run] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgw.exe /RUNONCE (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [AVG7_Run] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgw.exe /RUNONCE (User 'Default user')
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O14 - IERESET.INF: START_PAGE_URL=http://www.orange.co.uk
O16 - DPF: {6B75345B-AA36-438A-BBE6-4078B4C6984D} (HpProductDetection Class) - http://h20270.www2.hp.com/ediags/gmn2/inst...ctDetection.cab
O16 - DPF: {E8F628B5-259A-4734-97EE-BA914D7BE941} (Driver Agent ActiveX Control) - http://driveragent.com/files/driveragent.cab
O23 - Service: Ad-Aware 2007 Service (aawservice) - Lavasoft - C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007\aawservice.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgamsvr.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgupsvc.exe

--
End of file - 3781 bytes

Thanks
wf

Edited by waterface, 03 February 2008 - 03:27 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 waterface

waterface
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 177 posts
  •  

Posted 04 February 2008 - 06:36 PM

Anyone please!!!

#3 waterface

waterface
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 177 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2008 - 08:04 PM

does anyone want to help??? please

#4 waterface

waterface
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 177 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2008 - 12:16 PM

should i post this in the 'misplaced log' forum??

#5 OldTimer

OldTimer

Malware Expert

• Members
  • 11,092 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 AM

Posted 10 February 2008 - 02:55 PM

Hello waterface and welcome to the BC HijackThis forum. Let's try this.

Follow the steps here to clear the java cache.

Then let me know if you get any more alerts.

Cheers.

OT
I do not respond to PM's requesting help. That's what the forums are here for. Please use them so that others may benefit from your questions and the responses you receive.
OldTimer

Posted Image

#6 waterface

waterface
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 177 posts
  •  

Posted 11 February 2008 - 10:43 AM

What AVG found is in Virus Vault, i ran AVG again & it found nothing! Maybe it's gone!!
Can i empty the V.Vault?

Will emptying Java cache disrupt anything on my pc? Will java a still work etc?

Cheers

#7 OldTimer

OldTimer

Malware Expert

• Members
  • 11,092 posts
  •  

Posted 11 February 2008 - 12:39 PM

Hi waterface. It's not a bad idea to clean out the virus vault occasionally just to keep things tidy.

To clean out the Java cache and all of the other temporary storage folders with a single program do the following:

Download ATF Cleaner
  • Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
  • Click Select All found at the bottom of the list.
  • Click the Empty Selected button.
If you use Firefox browser, do this also:
  • Click Firefox at the top and choose Select All from the list.
  • NOTE : If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
If you use Opera browser, do this also:
  • Click Opera at the top and choose Select All from the list.
  • NOTE : If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.

I would run that once a month or so just to keep things cleaned up.

Cheers.

OT
I do not respond to PM's requesting help. That's what the forums are here for. Please use them so that others may benefit from your questions and the responses you receive.
OldTimer

Posted Image

#8 waterface

waterface
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 177 posts
  •  

Posted 11 February 2008 - 06:06 PM

Hi & thanks, i did this & now all sites i go on look different!
This site has no graphics & so don't many others, have i dissabled java??, This has happened before & am wondering if it's permanent as i don't know a way back!! What can i do!

#9 OldTimer

OldTimer

Malware Expert

• Members
  • 11,092 posts
  •  

Posted 11 February 2008 - 08:05 PM

Hi waterface. No, you cannot disable java. It's either there or it is not. There are settings in IE that can control whether IE displays graphics. Go to this link and follow the directions there: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=283807

Cheers.

OT
OldTimer

Posted Image

#10 waterface

waterface
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 177 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2008 - 09:52 AM

Hi
I use Firefox browser.
I had to do a system restore after running ATF cleaner as all sites i went on, including this one, looked like they were in safe mode & had no borders & less graphics.

I re-ran AVG & it came up with nothing, so i assume AVG sorted it!!

Cheers

wf

#11 OldTimer

OldTimer

Malware Expert

• Members
  • 11,092 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2008 - 02:15 PM

Hi waterface. Sounds like FireFox had some other issues as well. Glad to hear everything is sorted out. Any other issues?

Cheers.

OT
OldTimer

Posted Image

#12 waterface

waterface
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 177 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2008 - 05:25 PM

Firefox issues?, do you mean that after running ATF cLeaner, the reason i was getting the unloading pages was due to Firefox?, i dunno, as it happened in IE too, i tryed!

Should ATF Cleaner do this to my webpages?, it only happened after i ran it, & that swhy i did the system restore!

Thanks

WF

#13 OldTimer

OldTimer

Malware Expert

• Members
  • 11,092 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2008 - 05:45 PM

Hi waterface. Yeah, there were some other issues there. I run ATF every weekend to clean out all the temp files/folders. It doesn't do anything to the Internet settings. Just removes temporary files. The only time that could be an issue is if programs are running out of the temporary folders, which they should not be.

Cheers.

OT
OldTimer

Posted Image

#14 waterface

waterface
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 177 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2008 - 06:28 PM

I'm confused by this as i always use Dis Cleaner to delete temp files & CCleaner as well! Doesn't ATF cleaner clean what Disk cleaner & CCleaner does?

I tryed again with ATF cleaner tonight & had to restore back once again!!

wf

#15 OldTimer

OldTimer

Malware Expert

• Members
  • 11,092 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2008 - 10:02 PM

Hi waterface. I can't really say. If the system is being restored back to the way it was then whatever is causing it is being put back so whenever ATF is run will occur again if ATF is run again. If there are other temp cleaners that work then I would say stick with those. I don't know what they do or do not do but if they do what is wanted then theat's all that matters. Simply leave ATF on the sidelines.

Cheers.

OT
OldTimer

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users