Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Disappearing Taskbar

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kakos13

kakos13

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:43 PM

Posted 03 February 2008 - 01:55 PM

I just got a new computer that had Windows Vista installed instead of XP and I absolutely love it. I just have one problem, the taskbar disappears after having the computer on for some time. I'll be using it, go down to the start menu to select something and it acts funny like half of it disappears and you can really use the computer anymore so I have to press the windows key + "L" and restart it that way. Is there some way I can fix this? I'm not sure what to do.

Can someone help me solve this problem?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Junior2007

Junior2007

• Members
  • 120 posts
  •  

Posted 03 February 2008 - 03:46 PM

Interesting,

I had the exact same problem happen to me 2 nights ago. Could not click on anything in the taskbar, as if it slid hafway across the screen. First time it's happened since I bought this new PC last year, Vista Home Premium also. I just shut it down and rebooted.

#3 kakos13

kakos13
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 04 February 2008 - 09:13 AM

It's not a problem really it's more of just a nuisance.

#4 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:43 PM

Posted 04 February 2008 - 12:21 PM

Sounds like your Taskbar is set to auto-hide.

Right click on a blank area of the Task bar.
Go to properties/ Taskbar tab then uncheck the Auto-hide the Taskbar.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users