Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Startup trouble :S please help..

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jimboready

jimboready

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:06 AM

Posted 17 July 2004 - 02:45 PM

Hey,

I recently purchased a secong hand pc.. it was running windows xp home edition and displayed the message 'operating system not found' unless I placed the windows xp disk in.

In and attempt to remove this problem I recently upgraded to windows xp profeshional.. but the problem still happens. Does anyone know why this might be or how I could overcome this problem.. preferably without formatting and reinstalling windows but if this is the only option please let me know.

Thanks in advance..
I love you all,

Jimbo

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,504 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:06 PM

Posted 17 July 2004 - 05:21 PM

Check your floppy drive and make sure you do not have a floppy in it.

#3 Guest_brunt_*

Guest_brunt_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 18 July 2004 - 08:51 AM

you might want to go to run and type msconfig.. and click the tab BOOT.INI then click check all boot paths. If it finds no problems right click my computer hit properties then advanced then setting for startup and recovery press edit and copy and paste here so we can see the results. Do you ever get the message NTDLR missing if the boot disc is not in. And in what order in the bios is your boot order?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users