Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

1680x1050 Sli Glitches

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 RADIUM-V Interactive

RADIUM-V Interactive

• Members
  • 159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 PM

Posted 03 February 2008 - 02:34 AM

I can't run any games or programs at 1680x1050 with SLI enabled; the screen is garbled and all glitchy (but is fine at the Desktop). I have two GeForce 8600GT cards running Beta drivers 169.09 (I rolled back from the most recent in hopes that it would resolve the issue). The monitor is an Acer AL2016W which I just got today, and I'm very disappointed that I get these issues.

There's nothing that appears in lower resolutions, and if I have SLI disabled it looks just fine. Are there any workarounds, is this just a fault of the cards, or is it something different?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Edited by RADIUM-V Interactive, 03 February 2008 - 02:35 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted 04 February 2008 - 05:37 PM

It might just be the bad drivers. SLI and Crossfire have been known for bad drivers. You might be able to find a workaround (until new drivers are released), but I don't know of any, sorry.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#3 RADIUM-V Interactive

RADIUM-V Interactive
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 159 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2008 - 07:27 PM

I did in fact find a workaround. I had to change the frame timing on my graphics card to slightly lower, to "reduce flickering." Everything's working great - I just hope for other people having this problem know how to set a custom resolution@

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users