Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pc Keeps Freezing & Has To Be Manually Re-booted

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Pete07

Pete07

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:14 AM

Posted 02 February 2008 - 10:28 PM

Hi,

I've posted before about my PC crashing constantly (a couple of months ago) and I thought we had fixed the problem with the driver updates, etc that I was told to do, but my machine is crashing worse than ever now.

I have tried everything I can think of & am completely lost as to what to do to make it work. A friend told me to scan my system with RegCure & it shoed up the following items that apparently have errors.

Posted Image

I didn't want to purchase the program though so I have no idea what they mean or how to fix them... or even if they are things that could be crashing my system.

Also tried looking up the event viewer, but regardless of going through the tutorial on it, I am still finding it beyond confusing.

Any help would be appreciated. TIA.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,989 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:14 AM

Posted 03 February 2008 - 08:43 PM

It was wise of you not to "fix" anything with RegCure as it is a registry cleaner. Unless you know exactly what you are doing you could cause programs to not work or even the operating system by using registry cleaners. The authors of registry cleaners have different ideas of what "shouldn't" be there, and they have no clue about what is actually on your computer. I manage to wreck my Adobe software by using one. Fortunately, I had backed up my registry and I was able to undo the damage.

Can you post a link to your previous thread so we can see what was done? Also, please tell us what you have done since then.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#3 syunichi

syunichi

• Members
  • 130 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:14 AM

Posted 03 February 2008 - 09:16 PM

I second Orange's oppinion. Sometimes extended shuting down time is done because of defragmention of paging files used by virtual memories, or worst been made by broken registry links. I learned most of it is from a registry problem. So, please always do a defragmenting, use less virtual memory ( if you are using those now ) and do always backup you registry before cleaning the registry, for me I always use CCleaner for it has always did it well..but not always :flowers:

So good luck on your side. :thumbsup:
Posted Image

Tech Support: "Do you have any windows open right now?"
Customer: "Are you crazy woman, it's twenty below outside..."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users