Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Tons Of Packets Sent, Only A Few Recieved, Please Help

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 burtonridr

burtonridr

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:49 AM

Posted 02 February 2008 - 08:33 PM

Im having a hard time figuring out what is going on with my computer, I hope someone can help me.

When I startup my computer it takes forever to start up, like 5-10min before I can open a program.

I have a 2003 gateway with an intel celeron running windows xp

I have AVG anti virus, AVG anti spyware, and spyware blaster all up to date. I use them regularly.

I think the problem is that my computer is sending a lot of information when the internet connection is opened (it connects right when I start up the computer automatically)

within just 10 minutes of being connected to the internet there is usually over 1 million packets sent and maybe 40 received, thats without me even doing anything on the computer

I have been connected for about an hour and have over 2,000,000,000,000 packets sent and 2,000 received!

Here is a screen shot of the processes transmitting out

http://www.ditchtheladder.com/screenshot.jpg

Please help me

Edited by burtonridr, 02 February 2008 - 08:33 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JDM2

JDM2

• Members
  • 120 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:49 AM

Posted 02 February 2008 - 09:19 PM

I have been connected for about an hour and have over 2,000,000,000,000 packets sent and 2,000 received!

2 trillion packets? shirley, you can't be series.

#3 burtonridr

burtonridr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2008 - 11:57 PM

2 trillion packets? shirley, you can't be series.

Im serious.... After I posted that I turned off my computer and went to the store. I came back and rebooted. I opened up the internet status the soonest I could, which took 5min... The time the internet connection was established 5 min, packets sent 128,849,018,927.... 10 packets received

#4 burtonridr

burtonridr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 03 February 2008 - 03:07 PM

Anyone?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users