Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

General Chat

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 oldbod

oldbod

• Members
  • 109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:13 PM

Posted 02 February 2008 - 05:44 PM

I have just installed a German designed (made in China) Steam Sauna shower which i hope will help relieve some of the pains associated with age,but!! have yet to get it working.
This contraption has an internal control console,activated by ones finger tips,and on switching on mains power 230-240v weird things happen,the temp display comes on,the radio plays,exhaust fan runs etc and they cannot be controlled individually. but in the main it mostly will not activate at all. The Technician who checked things over seems to think that we could be getting interference from the nearby Rhema radio station frequency,and i wonder if anyone would have the experience to tell me if the control panel could be isulated against this. We are at present trying to contact china to find out if this frequency can be changed,but unfortunately their technicians are on holiday.
Would be interested to hear if anyone has had similar problems? Perhaps i should consult Dr Who from the Tardis!!!
Best Wishes
Jim

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:13 PM

Posted 03 February 2008 - 11:44 AM

This contraption has an internal control console,activated by ones finger tips.

Do you mean it's a membrane touch-screen? If so, what does radio frequency have to do with it? It sounds more like someone made some wrong internal connections.
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 oldbod

oldbod
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 109 posts
  •  

Posted 03 February 2008 - 03:29 PM

Mark,
Thanks for your reply. Yes it is a touch screen,and we fitted a replacement control box and circuit board with the same results. so removed again and took away for testing to premises approx 3 kls away and the darned thing works perfectly. My house is fairy close to a radio mast of Radio Rhema so suspect iterference from that.
Regards
Jim

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:13 PM

Posted 03 February 2008 - 03:48 PM

so removed again and took away for testing to premises approx 3 kls away and the darned thing works perfectly.

Do you mean you removed the touch screen and tried it in a different steam shower 3 kls. away? Is the touch screen connected to the shower with a cable or is it wireless? If it's wireless, I guess that could be a problem
If you're that close to a transmission tower maybe you ought to get one of these :thumbsup:
Posted Image
I've been waiting for a year to use that picture
Out of curiosity, do you have a link to the unit?
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#5 oldbod

oldbod
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 109 posts
  •  

Posted 04 February 2008 - 01:48 AM

No mark,
After trying in shower,we removed touch-screen console and control box tried it from different household plugs but still no response. We then took touch-console and control to premisses three k/s away
connected up tried it out and bingo it worked 100 %
Jim
The head mounted earial could be the answer!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users