Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Copying Firefox Profile To Laptop.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 wildchild2

wildchild2

• Members
  • 202 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:23 PM

Posted 02 February 2008 - 05:12 PM

Hi,
I have a desktop running XP and Firefox.
I have just bought a laptop running Vista and have installed Firefox.
Can someone tell me how to copy my Firefox profile (containing saved passwords, logins etc) from the desktop to laptop.
It's not a major problem but would make it easier to login in to sites on the laptop. The mind is getting old and fuzzy :flowers: and I have some trouble remembering passwords and have to look them up from my notes when I use the laptop.
Thanks.

(Sorry about the long question. :thumbsup: )

(Edited for spelling mistakes. Told you I was getting fuzzy.)

Edited by wildchild2, 02 February 2008 - 05:13 PM.

Posted Image

Custom Desktop,Intel Core2 Duo, GeForce 8400 Graphics,Vista Home, 2Gb ram, 160Gb & 250Gb Sata HDDs, Triple Monitors, Belkin keyboard and mouse, Avast Free, Compaq Laptop, Firefox browser, Thunderbird email, HP C5380 All-in-one Printer,Speedtouch Modem,Netgear Router, ADSL Broadband, Fuji Digital Camera.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Joshuacat

Joshuacat

01001010 01000011

• Members
  • 1,950 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:23 AM

Posted 02 February 2008 - 05:22 PM

Probably the easiest way to do this is by using the MozBackup utility. See THIS.

Also, here's the article that mentions the manual method. Article

Let us know how you made out with this utility.
JC

#3 wildchild2

wildchild2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 202 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:23 PM

Posted 02 February 2008 - 09:17 PM

I downloaded the backup utility and installed it on both computers. I ran a backup on the desktop then a recovery on the laptop. It seemed to all go smoothly but it still doesn't auto insert my username and passwords when I go to sites.
It doesn't really matter as I only have to log in once to each site on the laptop then Firefox remembers.
If only I could remember all the passwords! :thumbsup: (I do have them written down.)
Posted Image

Custom Desktop,Intel Core2 Duo, GeForce 8400 Graphics,Vista Home, 2Gb ram, 160Gb & 250Gb Sata HDDs, Triple Monitors, Belkin keyboard and mouse, Avast Free, Compaq Laptop, Firefox browser, Thunderbird email, HP C5380 All-in-one Printer,Speedtouch Modem,Netgear Router, ADSL Broadband, Fuji Digital Camera.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users