Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System Restore Tutorial Needed

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 AM

Posted 02 February 2008 - 03:21 PM

From various posts and threads I have seen it would appear that increasingly many members do not know if they have a system restore facility on their computer, where to find it or how to turn it on or off

may I suggest a simple tutorial (including screan shots)ON locating this tool within the various Windows versions now available and how to operate it

such tutorial can then be easily linked into threads where appropriate

many posters seem completley unaware oF this valuable tool and it significance in assisting with their problems :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 El_Tel

El_Tel

• Members
  • 196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:16 AM

Posted 02 February 2008 - 03:48 PM

Hi
That would be a GR8 :flowers: idea, if it is also pointed out that it is not the be all to putting a computer back to a full working order if all goes pear shaped. The further back in time you require to go the less reliable it is.
I speak from personal experience with system restore, thinking your bullet proof when you are not.
Where it has saved my bacon more than it has not, it is when it doesn't is the big worry.
That is why it is imperative that you make regular back ups of all important data.
Fine make sure you make a restore point just before you make major changes, or if you are installing some new software, install it with "Total Uninstall" first.

:thumbsup:

Edited by El_Tel, 02 February 2008 - 03:49 PM.

Posted Image

Tarrah then... Why not check my Intro

Many Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day...

#3 random/random

random/random

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,704 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 AM

Posted 02 February 2008 - 04:44 PM

They already exist

For XP:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/windows-xp-system-restore-guide/

For Vista:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/windows-vista-system-restore-guide/

For ME:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/windows-millennium-system-restore/

#4 El_Tel

El_Tel

• Members
  • 196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:16 AM

Posted 02 February 2008 - 05:35 PM

Oooops and :flowers: they have been there since "22nd of Apr 2004" :thumbsup:

They are very well explained too, way cool

Not that easy to locate System Restore on page 5 of tutorial, did a word search in all forum and that gave 55 pages for "System Restore" now wonder we missed them :trumpet:
Posted Image

Tarrah then... Why not check my Intro

Many Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users