Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Junk_navquar A Trojan?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Speechless

Speechless

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:01 AM

Posted 02 February 2008 - 01:46 PM

Running Windows 2000 Prof. (5.00.2195) with Service Pack 4, AOL 9.0 VR with McAfee File Version 1.3.102.0 all on Gateway Business Desktop PCfrom 1999. McAfee indicates that there is infection by Junk_NavQuar, however repeated McAfee scans do not show any invasion. Computer very slow in any website. Can you help to find and remove this Trojan or Worm on my computer??? Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,140 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:01 PM

Posted 02 February 2008 - 04:25 PM

Did McAfee provide a specific file name associated with this malware threat and if so, where is it located (full file path) at on your system?

Have your tried running your scans in "Safe Mode"?
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 Speechless

Speechless
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:01 AM

Posted 03 February 2008 - 07:39 PM

Did McAfee provide a specific file name associated with this malware threat and if so, where is it located (full file path) at on your system?

Thanks for your answer, quietman7.
No, McAfee did not indicate any file where such Trojan could be located. Tried your suggestion in "Safe Mode". McAfee found 30 investations and fixed them. Unfortunately I could not fiind on the scan would they were.
Tried also HJT.com, they did not show any file to be fixed.
Tried pctoole.com, they indicated 8 minor in Application, 6 in Adware and 2 in Spyware as known. When tried to fix, the "Free" Spyware turned into a "Fee for Fixing" download.
Anyway, hope the McAfee has found at east some of the bothering Virus?tTrojan/Worm in my system. Thanks again for your timely reply.

Thanks for your answer, quietman7.
No, McAfee did not indicate any file where such Trojan could be located. Tried your suggestion in "Safe Mode". McAfee found 30 investations and fixed them. Unfortunately I could not fiind on the scan would they were.
Tried also HJT.com, they did not show any file to be fixed.
Tried pctoole.com, they indicated 8 minor in Application, 6 in Adware and 2 in Spyware as known. When tried to fix, the "Free" Spyware turned into a "Fee for Fixing" download.
Anyway, hope the McAfee has found at east some of the bothering Virus?tTrojan/Worm in my system. Thanks again for your timely reply.

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,140 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:01 PM

Posted 03 February 2008 - 08:19 PM

Your welcome.

To protect yourself against malware and reduce the potential for re-infection, be sure to read:
• "Simple and easy ways to keep your computer safe".
• "How did I get infected?, With steps so it does not happen again!".
• "Best Practices - Internet Safety for 2008".
• "Hardening Windows Security - Part 1".
• "Hardening Windows Security - Part 2".
• "IE Recommended Minimal Security Settings"
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users