Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Need To Install Ad-aware How Do I Do This

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 maxsmom

maxsmom

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:58 PM

Posted 02 February 2008 - 11:31 AM

can anyone tell me how to install ad-aware

Mod Edit: Topic moved from Windows 95/98/ ME to more appropriate forum~ TMacK

Edited by TMacK, 02 February 2008 - 01:02 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:06:58 PM

Posted 02 February 2008 - 11:46 AM

According to Lavasoft-Adaware is compatible with
"Operating Systems
Windows Vista (32-bit), Windows XP (Home and Pro), Windows Server 2003, Windows 2000 (Pro and Server
"

If you have anything other than those listed, you cannot install Adaware.

#3 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:58 PM

Posted 02 February 2008 - 12:30 PM

as far as I am aware , assuming this is the prgram you seek ??

http://www.lavasoftusa.com/products/ad_aware_free.php

is NOT compatible with your windows version

you may find that AN alternative program to use is superantispyware

http://www.superantispyware.com/superantis...efreevspro.html blue box free for home users;

to utilise adaware 2007 nowadays you seem to require windows XP BUT even THAT is apparently being phased out

it would appear that we are meant to install the ' more modern ' windows versions else we risk loosing support and compatible programs

#4 Alan D

Alan D

• Members
  • 144 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:58 AM

Posted 04 February 2008 - 05:26 PM

If I were you, I'd take a look at the Lavasoft forum ( http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/ ), read a few posts in the sections for Adaware 2007 to see the kinds of problems people are having, and ask yourself if you really do need to install Adaware.
(Especially when you can just as easily install the excellent SuperAntispyware as suggested by ruby1.)

Edited by Alan D, 04 February 2008 - 05:27 PM.

Windows XP Home SP2; AVG 7.5 Internet Security Suite (AV/AS r.t.p, and firewall); Windows Defender (r.t.p on); SuperAntispyware Free; a-squared Free 3.5.0.15; Spybot 1.4 (Immunised, but no Tea-timer); AdAware SE Free; AVG Anti-Rootkit Free; Spywareblaster; MVPS Hosts file (with HostsMan); McAfee Site Advisor.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users