Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Applied For Bc's Malware Removal School..

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19 replies to this topic

#1 Teenage.Zombiee

Teenage.Zombiee

• Members
  • 831 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:16 PM

Posted 02 February 2008 - 02:07 AM

Hi Guys,
I was wondering if anyone knows why I haven't heard back about wether I get in to BC's malware removal school or not. I had a feeling I wouldn't get accepted (as it would be in my best interest to concentrate on my Geeks to Go Geek U logs)
Any info would be great.
Because I've been waiting with great anticipation.

ps. I know you guys get busy and all so I'm assuming thats why I haven't heard back.

Teenage.Zombiee is back ! :halloween:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:16 AM

Posted 02 February 2008 - 06:41 AM

if you are already with an HJT Training school elsewhere(?) you I suggest will need to stick with them ;once you have reached a required stage in you Training with that School your Tutors should then give you Permissions to post to Logs on various sites but under STRICT , STRICT Tutorial supervision

if you note on the bottom of this forum, you may see names you can recognise from other HTJ Training sites?

once Students have reached a specific level of competence in their training then they are required FOR that training to view and answer logs on other sites ( UNDER STRICT supervison )to get the best possible input ON computer problems;

my suggestion to YOU would be to concentrate on the training you are already undergoing and await your Permisions to post on other sites :thumbsup:

(also, if you do go somewhere and post and give supposed advise 'without permission' , you will most likely find yourself banned from your Training school; they do NOT take this Training and its seriousness lightly )

#3 Teenage.Zombiee

Teenage.Zombiee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 831 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2008 - 07:24 AM

Thanks ruby1 :flowers:

I'm already training at Geeks to Go. So I might wait until all my training is done there. Then maybe try again at BC :thumbsup:

#4 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2008 - 09:13 AM

you may wish to check with your Tutors ON GTG, but I beleive that most reputable training schools are 'linked'

( they know what is going on on other sites , one reason being to prevent multi posting ON forums for help and thus tying up several volunteers on the same problem, AND to prevent untrained,unsupervised'help' being offered inappropriatey BY Trainees)

that 'linking ' should allow you , once you HAVE reached the required standard point in your training there , to post supervised here and at other linked forums ; on that basis you should NOT be required to undergo training here as you will already BE posting here under supervision as a trainee and, hopefully, ultimately as a fully qualified Member of the Team; however, as I have noticed on another site , as they rightly say, new infections are popping up daily,so, in reality , the 'training '(learning how TO clobber the new infections ) even for the hightest grade Staff member , never stops :thumbsup:

#5 Teenage.Zombiee

Teenage.Zombiee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 831 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2008 - 09:16 AM

ohh sounds good :thumbsup:
I'm trying to do really well at GTG. So who knows, maybe I'll be good enough to help out here :flowers:

#6 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:16 AM

Posted 02 February 2008 - 11:10 AM

No one could fault your eagerness, TZ.
Consider the current state of affairs in the area of malware-fighting. There are certainly a limited number of places where a student can get thorough and sound training in HJT analysis and user communication, and within these top schools, a limited number of teachers, so there is usually a queue waiting their chance to get in. At the same time, users needing help continues to grow at these same sites.
To assure that the most people wanting to learn and to help others have the chance to get training, and for sound educational reasons, most training schools prefer that their students attend only their particular school and not take a seat elsewhere that another student might have.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#7 Teenage.Zombiee

Teenage.Zombiee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 831 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2008 - 11:18 AM

Alright, Thanks John :thumbsup:

#8 don77

don77

Forum Regular

• Members
  • 3,212 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:16 AM

Posted 02 February 2008 - 01:39 PM

once Students have reached a specific level of competence in their training then they are required FOR that training to view and answer logs on other sites ( UNDER STRICT supervison )to get the best possible input ON computer problems;

Thats true in a sense there are a couple training schools that are using logs from the malware forum here and a couple other places for their trainees to work on but to avoid any confusion we have trainees here that are in the senior class that don't go outside this site to get logs to work on they are taken from the malware forum here.

ZA
Both John and ruby1 are both right that you should focus your attention to one school in the early stages of your training thats solid advise right there :thumbsup:

#9 MattV

MattV

• Members
  • 736 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:16 AM

Posted 02 February 2008 - 06:42 PM

[rant]I've never had any "formal training" in malware detection and removal, but I'm pretty confident in my abilities. I've been working with computers since the dark ages Before Microsoft, and have studied every version of Windows since 3.0. (My brother wrote the first book published, concerning the Windows OS.) But it seems to be the same thing in cyberspace as it is in the real world - knowledge and experience count for nothing without that "degree" (which is why I'm going to college at the age of FIFTY!!).[/rant]

(Sorry. This is something that that has irked me for years. Carry on.)

Edited by MattV, 02 February 2008 - 06:43 PM.

#10 mz30

mz30

• Members
  • 828 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2008 - 07:26 PM

Tz not sure how far into your training at g2g you are but i am in a similar position,i am training elswhere and i am now nearing the end of my training (hopefully).
You are not the first person i have come across ,who has enroled or tryed to enrol in another program,each person i have come across has alway's said that it was a mistake trying to keep up with two set's of training.
My honest opinion is finish your training and then if you can post supervised here ,and try not to take on to much.

To mattv if you had a nuclear bomb in your house ,who would you trust to defuse it someone who was confident they could do it or someone who was trained to do it?
Not trying to be smart but i think you will get my point :thumbsup:
god my head hurts.
if you don't ask ,you don't know

Posted Image

#11 Teenage.Zombiee

Teenage.Zombiee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 831 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2008 - 10:45 PM

Thanks everyone for your words of wisdom :thumbsup:

Mz, I am still an underclassman at GTG. I am just making the finishing touches to my PL3. Then I'll get to work on PL4. I'm trying to do well in the Geek U program and I would say I am. I just can't study as freequently because I am back at school.

So to answer my original question; why haven't I heard back from the mods/teachers here? I know I probably didn't make the cut but I'm just curious is all :flowers:

#12 Teenage.Zombiee

Teenage.Zombiee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 831 posts
  •  

Posted 03 February 2008 - 12:23 AM

I would trust neither, unless they could prove they had the experience needed to do it.

Look at it this way: who would you rather have work on your brakes - someone fresh out of brake-system school, or someone that's been working on brake systems for fifteen years?

(I do have my own nuke. But it's OK - it's not armed.)

Just because someone hasn't been in the business for a long time, doesn't mean they don't know what they're doing :thumbsup:

#13 MattV

MattV

• Members
  • 736 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:16 AM

Posted 03 February 2008 - 12:25 AM

I would trust neither, unless they could prove they had the experience needed to do it.

Look at it this way: who would you rather have work on your brakes - someone fresh out of brake-system school, or someone that's been working on brake systems for fifteen years?

Just because someone hasn't been in the business for a long time, doesn't mean they don't know what they're doing :thumbsup:

Maybe not. But would you want to find out near the bottom of a steep hill, with a very sharp curve coming up?

#14 Teenage.Zombiee

Teenage.Zombiee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 831 posts
  •  

Posted 03 February 2008 - 12:26 AM

I think you can only edit it

#15 Teenage.Zombiee

Teenage.Zombiee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 831 posts
  •  

Posted 03 February 2008 - 12:32 AM

Maybe not. But would you want to find out near the bottom of a steep hill, with a very sharp curve coming up?

Okay. Take this as an example. My pop was a technician for 45 years. Say if you had been hiring him to do some technical work around your home for I dunno.. 10 years. And thought he was a good technician (don't get me wrong- he is a good one) but something went horribly wrong with the work that he did and you found out he was doing things wrong for the whole time. That would make you very mad right? So you decided to hire another tech who ws only an apprentice and he did the job perfectly.

You never know what someone is capable of. You can be advanced at something and still screw up. And you can be new to something and do it right. Who knows :flowers:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users