Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trogen Horses And Virus Found Lop

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 byrdwoman

byrdwoman

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:00 AM

Posted 01 February 2008 - 05:40 PM

Anyone who could help me (newbie) would be my hero! I stepped into the wrong thicket of virus'. I have AVG and cannot quarantine the following virus'. They keep coming back.

Trogen Horse Generica.AQNO

Trogen Horse Agent 14.M

Trogen Horse BackDoor Generica.OYD

Trogen Horse.Agent PTA

Virus found Lop

:thumbsup:

Any suggestion about antivirus freeware would be welcomed. I have Adaware and AVG Free Version.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,313 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2008 - 10:08 PM

Hello and welcome sorry that your post slipped thru.
Unfortunately you have some very bad malware . These are mostly Backdoor Trojans.

These are the most dangerous, and most widespread, type of Trojan. Backdoor Trojans provide the author or ‘master’ of the Trojan with remote ‘administration’ of victim machines. Unlike legitimate remote administration utilities, they install, launch and run invisibly, without the consent or knowledge of the user. Once installed, backdoor Trojans can be instructed to send, receive, execute and delete files, harvest confidential data from the computer, log activity on the computer and more.

from Viruslist
This means your PC has been compromised. All Banking,passwords,credit card,account numbers stored on this PC should be considered stolen and be changed. That said you may not be able to trust this PC again without a FULL Fornat reinstall of the operating system.

Topics of interest
How Do I Handle Possible Identify Theft, Internet Fraud and CC Fraud?
When Should I Format, How Should I Reinstall?

If you want to proceed with a clean up program or help with reinstalling please post back.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 byrdwoman

byrdwoman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 28 February 2008 - 08:11 PM

I am not sure that you got my correspondence from yesterday...... I am thinking I need to reformat. I would appreciate you guidance. By the way the way the Generic Trogen popped up again. I have disconnected the computer from cable access. I have quick books and an old version of Quicken installed. Neither program downloads info from my bank. I have no credit card info stored on my computer. My concern is I bought things online with my credit card and access investements and bank accounts online. Could these be affected and do I change pass words and account numbers? If you think I need to reformat my computer to make it virus free, please send me step by step instructions on what to do. I am running a custom build computer, XP Pro, 1 gig memory and it has a Asus mother board (probably this is more that you need to know :thumbsup: :trumpet: Remember I am a newbie and want to learn about computers. Thanks so much for your help.

:huh: :inlove: :flowers:

Edited by byrdwoman, 28 February 2008 - 08:15 PM.

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,313 posts
  •  

Posted 28 February 2008 - 09:59 PM

Hello again byrdwoman you'd be better served to let the Gurus in the XP forum walk you thru. Just post this qustion there.

I need to fully reformat and partion due to serious malware. I would appreciate your guidance.

computer, XP Pro

Could these be affected and do I change pass words and account numbers

. I would. Also in the future here's some thing I do. I keep One credit card for online transaction and I only use it for that. So in an event as this or should that number be stolen ,one call stops it all.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 byrdwoman

byrdwoman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2008 - 08:58 PM

Thanks for your help. I will post under XP Pro.

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,313 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2008 - 09:42 PM

You're welcome and best of luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users