Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Home Networking

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 wcline99

wcline99

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:42 AM

Posted 07 March 2005 - 09:18 PM

I got HP laptop recently and would like to access it to use the printer /files but my main objective is printer..

Both laptop is Window XP home edition (laptop is service pack 2 while PC is service pack 1 if that makes a difference)

Am using DLink wireless 624 which is connect to PC (Dell 8250) by Ethernet cable (no PCI adapter is used - to my understanding it wasn't required but let me know if I am mistaken)

Both PC and Laptop is shared (files/printer) as I select it..

Laptop cannot find any printer or access my files on my PC.. (selecting to search for printer on my laptop).. Nothing is showing up on the network using laptop.

I only can surf the net on laptop which is awesome but would like to be able to print out from laptop without hooking it up directly to printer (laptop connect to printer directly)... I tried everything I could think of and tried to find a step by step process to ensure what's necessary to ensure it will work but have no luck - if there is such a thing - I would appreciate the information.. In services - What should be turn on manually or automatically to make this work in case I might have in error disable it to improve the perfomance and might need to turn something back on to make this work if necessary.

Any feedback would be appreciate..

William

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:42 AM

Posted 07 March 2005 - 10:00 PM

You may need to go to the specific printer on the desktop . Right click , and select sharing . Set the premission to allow . I choose to password protect but it is not required .

acklan
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users