Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Some Help With Possible Virus

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 fergman78

fergman78

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:34 PM

Posted 01 February 2008 - 10:54 AM

Hey guys and gals,
I woke up this morning and Spysweep had a message saying a Trojan was detected on my computer. I don't remember what the name was but it said I should sweep my computer so I did. I put the Trojan in quarentine and rebooted my computer after the Sweep Completed. When Windows reloaded I noticed AIM didn't load up as it automatically does when my computer starts. So I clicked the icon on the desktop and I got the which program would you like to use to open this with? Also Spysweeper didn't load either. My McAfee loaded but I can't open the security center at all. So then I started investigating other programs and found nothing will open. Dreamweaver, Word, Works, Adobe Photoshop the Calculator A lot of my options in control panel as well won't open. I can open Internet Explorer and I can open word or works documents but not the master programs themselves. Just wondering if there is anyone who has had this happen or can help me in getting my programs to open again.

Thank You

Scott

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fergman78

fergman78
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2008 - 11:24 AM

I just tried to do a system restore but when I click on that I also get the message which program would you like to use to open this with?
I dont understand how going on the internet is pretty much the only thing my computer can do right now. I tried redownloading Aim but it won't run it after I save the exe file to my computer.

Scott

#3 fergman78

fergman78
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2008 - 06:06 PM

Anyone have any advice?

#4 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,911 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:34 PM

Posted 02 February 2008 - 10:52 PM

Can you find the name of the trojan in quarantine?

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users