Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Clear History

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 wini

wini

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:25 AM

Posted 31 January 2008 - 09:05 PM

i know how to clear the history of what i looked at on the internet bbut my husband always still seems to know what i loooked at. how is he doing that and how do i fix it

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:25 AM

Posted 31 January 2008 - 09:50 PM

Just clearing the browser history does little. There are still traces of your web wanderings all over the system, so it is hard to guess what specific method he may be using. There may even be software installed that tracks where you have been. If you are hooked to a router, there may be records stored there. There is all sorts of free software available with the ability to find visited urls. Sorry I can't be more optimistic.

THere are some web sites that allow one to surf anonymously, that is, you surf the web through one of their web pages, so all that should show up in your history is a record of visiting that site. You might try the free services on this site (the free service is very slow):
http://www.anonymizer.com/
I am not sure what traces it leaves behind, but if he is still able to get the urls of sites you visited, I would suspect a keylogger. If he can't, then he is pulling the information from any number of other places on your computer. For instance, if you have an anti-virus application with a built in firewall, then it will keep track of sites visited also.

Edit: It turns out that the URL I gave you does not seem to have an online component anymore..or at least I couldn't find it. This site may be much simpler:
http://proxify.com/ It is pretty zippy.

#3 wini

wini
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:25 AM

Posted 31 January 2008 - 10:25 PM

thanks im not good with computers. is tyhere some way in the administration thingee

#4 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:25 AM

Posted 31 January 2008 - 10:52 PM

Some way to what? Clear all traces of your activities? Not without knowing how you are being traced. Sorry.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users