Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Problems After Start-up

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 gldnarm

gldnarm

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:46 PM

Posted 31 January 2008 - 07:39 PM

Hello. About two days ago while browsing the internet some site caused my computer to freeze up. Since then my computer has been acting weird. After the freeze I had to turn off my computer by pressing and holding the power button. When it first starts up I tried to use Internet Explorer and it worked for a while then it stopped responding. I tried to close it with the task manager but that caused it to freeze again. Now everytime I start it, after it loads all the startup files different things would happen.

Sometimes I would be able to use the internet for a hour before it would stop responding, sometimes 30 minutes, sometimes not at all. Sometimes when I try to use other browers like Mozilla or my AT&T Yahoo browsers they wont open at all. I've gotten AT&T to work but it also started to have the same problems. Other things include it freezing by trying to use the start menu,task bar or trying to open/use documents from the desktop. Oh, I'ved noticed that after the computer loads it gets real quiet and thats when thing start to go bad.

I have Norton Internet Security 2007 and tried to run a scan but it would reach 208 files and then stay there and not go any further. I tried to cancel and it would end up not responding and I'd have turn the computer of manually again.

In trying to figure out what's wrong i've been scanning the heck out of my computer (in safe mode because no scan could comeplete normal mode). So far I have used Ad-Aware SE, Norton, BitDefender, ESET, Housecall Anti Virus, smitfraudfix, Vundofix, SuperAntiSpyware and nothing has helped.

I'm using Windows XP and I need help. Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SpySentinel

SpySentinel

• Staff Emeritus
  • 2,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:46 PM

Posted 31 January 2008 - 07:49 PM

Please follow the steps below so we can see if your infected:

Download HijackThis™ here:
http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en-US/th.../hijackthis.php

Click 'Do a System Scan and Save log'. The HJT log will open in notepad. Don't try to fix anything yourself.

Copy and paste the contents of the HJT log into a NEW TOPIC in "HijackThis Logs and Malware Removal"
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/22/virus-trojan-spyware-and-malware-removal-logs/

Also include a link to this topic. Please be patient as our HJT team members work on serveral forums.

Also you can read the Preparation Guide for use before posting a HijackThis Log

Posted Image
Unified Network of Instructors and Trained Eliminators

Posted Image

My help is always free, but if you can, please Posted Image to help me continue the fight against malware.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users