Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Downloading Asus Drivers

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,250 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:13 PM

Posted 31 January 2008 - 05:01 PM

Anyone who's ever tried to download anything from the Asus.com website knows that their webserver uses a single 300 baud modem (or so it seems!) and that downloading ANYTHING like drivers will take approximately 36,284 years to complete.

So here's a little tip for those of us who use Asus products (which, by and large, kick some serious hindquarters!). Rather than use the "main" website, go to the Taiwan website (which is available in English). They seem to use a markedly better connection and so your downloads will be much quicker! Here's the URL: http://support.asus.com.tw/download/downlo...SLanguage=en-us

Also, you can access their FTP server to download stuff (including, as I found, Linux stuff not listed on the website) at ftp://ftp.asus.com.tw/pub

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 syren_kat01

syren_kat01

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:13 AM

Posted 22 June 2008 - 11:45 AM

i tried going to the FTP site but it asks for a username and password. Does anyone know where i would get a username and password for this site please?

#3 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• Topic Starter

• 8,250 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:13 PM

Posted 24 September 2009 - 01:27 PM

i tried going to the FTP site but it asks for a username and password. Does anyone know where i would get a username and password for this site please?

Anonymous access is permitted. By convention, if asked, the username is 'Anonymous' and the password is your e-mail address.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users