Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lexmark Z12 Printer Will Not Operate With Cartridge In.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 vernc

vernc

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:14 AM

Posted 31 January 2008 - 04:36 PM

I've had my Lexmark Z12 for many years. It worked beautifully. Suddenly, upon replacing a black cartridge, the feed light began blinking. The pattern was three times then pause, three times then pause, etc. At the same time, the power light began blinking slowly and steadily. This behavior occurred irrespective of whether the printer was plugged into the computer.

I tried:
- Switching cartridges,
- Turning the power off and on,
- Disconnecting and reconnecting all cables,
- Blowing out the printer with compressed air, and
- Pressing and releasing the feed button.

Unfortunately nothing worked. I removed the printer and replaced it with another Z12, and the other Z12 worked fine.

I need a fresh view.
Has anyone had this experience?
Does anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks for your assistance.

vernc

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Armorthane

Armorthane

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:14 AM

Posted 31 January 2008 - 05:02 PM

I've never heard of your situation before but sounds similar to a problem that has been reported with HP printers.

If a cartridge is expired, an HP printer will not operate (no report of blinking lights though).

You can however trick the printer into thinking the cartridge isn't expired by turning back your computers calendar to before the expiration date.

Don't know if that will always work but would be worth a try.

Even though the odds you had more than 1 cartridge that was expired is highly remote, I felt it was worth mentioning this.

If you have used those cartridges in the new printer and they worked, then this won't help and I'm sorry to have bothered you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users