Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How Does Adsl + Ethernet Card Work?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 psicutrinius

psicutrinius

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:17 PM

Posted 31 January 2008 - 02:55 PM

...about how to set up / repair / tune up an Internet connection through a router.

Before going ahead, let me explain: Have got something wrong with the connection and it doesn't work properly (this after I fiddled around for quite a time and got it going... at a snail pace. And I am fed up with calling the tech and having it fixed in two minutes flat.

Therefore, I am looking for references about it so as to COMPREHEND it in the first place (rather than a collection of "How to..."), and while I am quite sure that this is available somewhere, I have been unable to find it.

Ah, by the way: Have been looking around through the forums without result so far. Perhaps this is covered there, in which case I will be grateful for the proper directions and, in this case, please forgive starting yet another topic...

Thanks

psicutrinius

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rittnasty

Rittnasty

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:17 AM

Posted 31 January 2008 - 03:28 PM

Hello psicutrinius, what are some of the specific problems you are experiencing? I would like to know a little more before I can figure out how to help you. If I understand correctly you want to know a few things you can do on your own to speed up your internet without having to contact technical support? Also, what type of router are you using and what type of Ethernet card do you have? This will be helpful for starters.
"And if it is evil in your eyes to serve the Lord, choose this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your fathers served in the region beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15 (ESV)

Thoughtvent.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users