Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Extra Forums

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Ataryu

Ataryu

• Members
  • 93 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:00 AM

Posted 17 July 2004 - 08:43 AM

'RP forum would be fun to have'

Yes I know it has almost nothing to do with the website, but it could be something else to attract members....yes a very far fetched idea, but im a little wacko :flowers:

Or possibly a forum for people to post their art...of any medium, and recieve comments from other users :trumpet:

Art: Poetry, Digital, Traditional, Photgraphy, etc.......

Just some ideas :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 phawgg

phawgg

Learning Daily

• Members
  • 4,543 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:00 AM

Posted 17 July 2004 - 11:01 AM

One wacko to another...

I'm heading in the general direction of what you speak of.

That is when I get the hang of what can be done with my photos and art. I'm at the stage where I scan in my decades of accumulated stuff on papar, photos & have a couple good applications to work with.

So, if not a forum catagory itself, I look forward to continuing tutorials involving "me & the web the do's and don'ts of showing Uncle Marviin working in his surrealistic closet and "here's little Billies interpretation of nuclear physics in kindergarten!" ....."

time 'el tell
patiently patrolling, plenty of persisant pests n' problems ...

#3 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,395 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2004 - 04:22 PM

Not far fetched...what do you mean by RP? Role playing?

What does everoyne else think? Should we have some more off-topic forums?

#4 Bluie

Bluie

• Members
  • 160 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:00 AM

Posted 17 July 2004 - 06:10 PM

No thank you.

Some of us have to be drug by the ear kicking and screaming all the way to anything new.

#5 Papakid

Papakid

Guru at being a Newbie

• Malware Response Team
  • 6,522 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:00 AM

Posted 17 July 2004 - 08:36 PM

I'm not adverse to change, but then again we don't want the forums to get too ponderous. If you're talking about Role Playing Games we already have a Games forum. Maybe we could make a subforum if there is something more specific about RPG's that you had in mind.

You can use General Chat for anything you like (as long as it's kept clean). Show pictures of the family dog or Uncle Marviin or whatever. I think that could be expanded into a forum of it's own tho. Most boards like this have a Community forum, usually toward the bottom, where you can talk about anything, write your poems or life's story or rant about the price of qumquats in Cucamonga. Any suggestions on how a forum like that should be divided up?

Something to be considered when submitting anything artistic in nature. I don't think there is any way this board could protect you against plaigarism. Even if you copyright it, someone could take it and call it their own.

As far as pictures--that would be up to Grinler. If he can afford the bandwidth and storage space. There would probably have to be restrictions on size and how many can be posted at a time.

The fate of all mankind, I see

Is in the hands of fools

--King Crimson

#6 Ataryu

Ataryu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 93 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2004 - 10:08 PM

Not sure if Im going the wrong way with this. But like you said, I think....you could have a community category, with sub forums. And yes, I ment Role playing by RP. As for images people would have to use their own host, and use the IMG tags to submit photos. Thats how I usually see it done.

#7 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,395 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2004 - 11:55 PM

I will look into seeing if I can restrict the posted images to just that forum.

#8 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2004 - 11:23 AM

With all the available venues for the additional forums requested, I question the need to spend bandwidth for discussions peripheral to the original purpose of bleeping computer. My experience with topics of this nature is that the content becomes rather tedious and filled with babble.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users