Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista Startup Programs

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 rcs8

rcs8

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:43 AM

Posted 30 January 2008 - 09:39 PM

Started the puter this am. Multiple error windows (sample below) stating "Bad Image".

Ran NAV, AVG anti-spyware, Spybot, Win One Care: All Negative.

Am I relegated to a re-install??

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 AM

Posted 31 January 2008 - 07:22 AM

The first one - updreg.exe - is likely an issue with a Creative product on your system.
The second two are likely to be problems with your video drivers
and the last one is most likely due to the software/driver for a Razer mouse

Since it happened when you booted Windows up, it's likely that they're being launched in your Startups
To check these in Vista - go to Control Panel (Classic View) and open up Windows Defender. Then click on Software Explorer. In the default Window that opens you'll be able to see what's starting when your computer starts.

For the first error, I'd think that the easiest thing would be to disable the Creative startup software that's associated with updreg.exe. That'll stop it from running and that will stop the error message from appearing. This may have been caused by installing an application that's not compatible with Vista.

For the second 2 errors, I'd suggest downloading the latest updated video drivers for your OS from the nVidia website. Then try uninstalling any nVidia software in your Control Panel...Programs and Features applet. Then go to Device Manager and uninstall your Display Adapter (Go to Start and type in "devmgmt.msc" (without the quotes) and press Enter). Reboot and dismiss any "Found New Hardware" messages that you may get. Once your Desktop is back, double click on the nVidia driver that you downloaded and follow the prompts to install it.

For the last error, I'd suggest getting new software from the Razer site, uninstalling the old software and installing the new software. Ensure that it's Vista compatible also.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users