Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

An Old Problem Ive Solved But Still Curious About

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 twiztidjuggalo666

twiztidjuggalo666

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:36 AM

Posted 30 January 2008 - 07:26 PM

in the summer of 07 my dad had a few problems on the computer it was the trojan vundo i think.
i used a small program called vundo fix and it cleaned it up perfectly.
however i got vundo again and when i used vundo fix it messed up the computer pretty bad and no anti virus would fix it
some one on this site mentioned about microsofts one care antivirus program and when i used it it said 14,xxx viruses and i was alarmed so i did what anyone would do and i clicked on repair. after it had repaired everything i tried to get on to the internet and nothing. i tried every program that came to mind and nothing. one care deleted everything explorer and all that everything was gone just icons, shortcuts and small remminants. i tried restarting my computer and i got to the welcome screen and when i clicked on administrator i got the bsod. at this point i was paralyzed since it was my dads comp and he trusted me with getting rid of the virus. so i tried doing a system restore and when i did that i got a bsod as well. after like 2 weeks i told my dad and he flipped out. we ended up having to use the old computer to order hp's recovery discs online wich cost approx 50 bucks. can anyone tell me why this happend and why microsofts program even deleted my recovery partition. (its the dumbest thing hp puts a recovery partition on the computer instead of supplying you with the discs so if something goes wrong with the partition you are F&@$ed and out 50 bucks.)

i would also like to know what people think of the strange antivirus type program i stumbled upon a few years ago. my computers home page was changed and you couldent change it back so on some website not this one someone mentioned smit fraud fix. i was very skeptical because the program is all dos and looks kinda seedy. but it turned out to be an excellent program the only catch is that after you use it it changes your wallpaper wich can be fixed in 20 seconds. i would just like some feedback about peoples expirience with the program and if i should ever use it or stay clear of it. ive used it about 15 times and its always worked. any feedback is greatly appreciated

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:36 AM

Posted 31 January 2008 - 07:58 AM

Hi twiztidjuggalo666!

I've moved your topic here where you'll be better able to get information on the issues that you're asking about.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users