Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft Word 2003 To Microsoft Word 97 View Setting

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 childofthemountains

childofthemountains

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:44 PM

Posted 30 January 2008 - 07:17 PM

I have created in Microsoft Word 2003 on an XP OS some lengthy documents. I created them using a view setting of 150%.

I sent them to my employer, who is using Windows 98 and Microsoft Word 97. My boss opened them with his system and they displayed on the screen at a view of 200%. He wants me to send him Word documents that he can open from the CD-R that I send that will automatically display at 100% view on the screen so that he does not have to set the view for each document as it displays.

So what is the answer.

Is there a way that I can save my created documents so that when my boss gets them on a CD-R that they will open on his system at a view setting of 100%.

Is there also a way that his system can be set to default to 100% in reading from the CD-R.

My boss does not want to copy the documents to the system hard disk from my sent CD-R, preferring to read and copy directly from the CD-R that I send, so that the original documents will not accidentally be changed.

Any help would be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:44 AM

Posted 30 January 2008 - 08:17 PM

Welcome to BC
What if he were to download Word 2003 Viewer?
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users