Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Apps Close Themselves Randomly

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 The_Grand_Monarch

The_Grand_Monarch

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:18 AM

Posted 30 January 2008 - 06:23 PM

Lately for no particular reason I could find applications from MSN Messenger to Solitare have just been closing themselves randomly with Internet Explorer being the exeption to the problem. I'm using Windows XP SP2 with IE7. I've already tried searching for the works with HijackThis, Spybot S&D, and AdAware after checking for updates on each. I've cleaned and defragmented my C:/ disk drive and even deleted any recent downloads as well as any registry keys associated with them I could find. I'm at a loss at this point, so if anyone could help, it would be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,408 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:18 AM

Posted 30 January 2008 - 08:02 PM

I've not seen any app close itself.

I've seen Windows close applications (for violating Windows rules, etc.) but I guess that I cannot envision what you are saying.

No error messages...no warnings...no explanation of any sort?

Louis

#3 syunichi

syunichi

• Members
  • 130 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2008 - 08:31 PM

might be an explorer.exe error itself. Hmm..need more information :thumbsup:
Posted Image

Tech Support: "Do you have any windows open right now?"
Customer: "Are you crazy woman, it's twenty below outside..."

#4 The_Grand_Monarch

The_Grand_Monarch
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 03 February 2008 - 08:13 PM

Well, I expirimented just a little with the problem and found that everything tends to close when MSN Messenger closes itself, there is no error message or any warning it simply disappears exept for the lower-right toolbar icon which disappears when you run the mouse cursor over it. Internet Explorer remains the exeption to this as it never closes due to that problem. It typically tends to happen when I'm somewhat pushing my 56K dial-up connection to load something, or I could just be on MSN Messenger for about 20 min. max and it will close everything. However, this still is far from normal behavior.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users