Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't Connect To Internet....baffled!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 simpsons479

simpsons479

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:02 PM

Posted 30 January 2008 - 05:58 PM

Yesterday, my fiance's desktop was infected by Security Toolbar 7.1 and his computer was hijacked by popups and the like. He got frustrated and tried to run Spybot, Ad-Aware, and Mcaffee Virus Scan but no actions were taken by these programs, so he unplugged the ethernet from the modem and went to bed. Today, I decided to help fix his computer but when I plugged the ethernet back into the modem the comp kept saying Limited or No Connectivity....I then directly linked my laptop to the modem via ethernet and it worked and connected just fine! I have tried to disable the firewall, repair the connection, checked the connection properties (TCP/IP), cmd propmted for a ping and was 4 for 4, cmd prompted ipconfig which gave me an error message, rebooted my modem and computer many times, checked on my NIC, everything seems to be working fine except for the connectivity. I am at a loss for what to do....I wonder if it has anything to do with the virus. If anyone could help me, I'd be forever greatful!!!

Windows XP Pro
SP2
Broadcom 440x 10/100 Integrated Controller

Edit: Moved topic to the more appropriate forum and added a topic descriptor. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 simpsons479

simpsons479
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:02 PM

Posted 01 February 2008 - 05:01 PM

Well....I was on the phone with Dell for over 2 hours and after running out of all troubleshooting options I was forced to reinstall windows....i am finally back up and running but still no internet.....can someone please help?!?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users