Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Such Odd Goings-on--infected--please Help

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 David24248

David24248

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:18 PM

Posted 30 January 2008 - 05:51 PM

My computer seems to have a virus of some sort. I was surfing the web, when Kaspersky popped up and removed potential threats from installing on my computer, but thereafter my computer simply shutdown and restarted on its own. It didn't simply shutdown all together but rather the Windows XP screen came up with the message "Saving Settings" then "Windows XP is shutting down." This happens everytime I start my computer now. I log on to Windows XP and the programs are loading but after 10 second the computer shutsdown again in the same manner. I really don't think it's related to any hardware issues since everything was fine before Kaspersky attempted to remove a couple of threats. I started up the computer in safemode but unlike other times, my AVG anti virus will not open, soo I can't scan for viruses in safe mode or normal mode because it shuts down too quickly. What exactly can I do about this?

Update:

I have since resolved the rebooting problem by deleting an entry in startup. I also ran spysweeper in safe mode and it removed several trojans but now I can't open any desktop icons. I go to click on any icon and they all disappear, including the Windows start button! If my anti virus can't detect any further problems then what might be causing this?

Thanks for reading, I would really appreciate any input.

Edited by David24248, 30 January 2008 - 09:40 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:18 PM

Posted 30 January 2008 - 09:58 PM

Are you running Both Kaspersky and AVG antivirus?
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users