Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Excel 2007 Has Stopped Working

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Rafmagnad

Rafmagnad

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:37 PM

Posted 30 January 2008 - 05:38 PM

Hello,
I'm having a pretty annoying problem with Excel 2007. Every time I use it, it stops working. This happens for example when I'm saving, trying to use goal seek, opening an work sheet and opening a recovered file. As you can imagine this is very frustrating especially when this happens maybe for or five times and even ofter when I'm trying to work. I have to use Excel in three of my courses in university and sometimes I just want to scream on my computer when it acts like that.
After few times of Excel restarting it uses Problem Reports and Solutions, that hasn't helped one bit.
All it dos is:
Problem caused by Btsendto_office.dll

This problem was caused by Btsendto_office.dll. Btsendto_office.dll was created by Broadcom Corporation.

Broadcom Corporation is aware of this problem and working as quickly as possible to make a solution available.

Recommendation

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To learn more about this problem, Broadcom Corporation recommends that you go online to the following website.

Broadcom Corporation
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If anyone knows how to fix this problem pleas help. I'll go mental if this problem dos not get fixed soon :huh:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 rigacci

rigacci

Fiorentino

• Members
  • 2,604 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:37 AM

Posted 30 January 2008 - 08:28 PM

Have you tried the Repair option? You can go to Start>Control Panel>Add or Remove Programs and scroll down to Office 2007. I believe there is a "Change" or "Remove" button. I have a Vista laptop and I can't recall how to get to Add/Remove Programs. :huh:

But anyways, Office 2007 has the option to do a repair install and normally does not need the use of the original CD, which they don't give you in many instances (commercial).

Give that a shot. I worked for me with Word 2007.

Now, the Broadcomm thing is your network interface. You could try uninstalling (Start>Control Panel>System>Hardware>Device Manager). Then, reboot. It will load the drivers itself or the New Hardware wizard will open up and you can insert your disk (or point to wherever the drivers are).

Good luck.

DR

Edited by rigacci, 30 January 2008 - 08:32 PM.

#3 Rafmagnad

Rafmagnad
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:37 PM

Posted 31 January 2008 - 08:37 AM

Thanks for your reply,
I have tried thees things and they don't work. :huh:
I have also tried to re install both Excel and the Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007 package, but that dos not seem to make any difference :huh:

#4 Siegfried Glaser

Siegfried Glaser

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:37 PM

Posted 16 February 2008 - 05:40 AM

You can work around the BTsendto_office.dll problem by deactivating the according Excel Add-In:

=> Search your system drive for EXCEL.exe
=> rightclick
=> Run as administrator
=> Continue
=> Office button \ Excel options
=> Add Ins
=> Manage COM Add-Ins
=> Deactivate the "Send to Bluetooth" Add-In
=> done :huh:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users