Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

password protect

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 channo85

channo85

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:54 PM

Posted 07 March 2005 - 01:23 PM

is there any way to password protect files so that when you try to delete it, it prompts you with a dialog box asking for a password?

i know how to password protect word documents, but what about media files (audio & video)

i have my xp computer set at 1 user account, and i want to keep it that way. i just want it to ask for a password when to try to delete stuff...

anybody know of any xp settings or free softwares that can do it?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,592 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2005 - 01:25 PM

There is no way to do that as far as I know in xp unfortunately. If you use xp pro, you can limit file access to certain users, but since you are only going to have one user on the machine, that wont help you

#3 frankie12

frankie12

• Members
  • 941 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2005 - 08:09 PM

There is a system called folder lock that has a folder in a program that is password blocked to get in to it. (so you can keep it private). (should not use for C: drive)

There is a free and a paid program for the program
http://www.newsoftwares.net/folderlock/
Folder Lock

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users