Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Want The Administrator Account To Be My Only Account

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Stotic

Stotic

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:15 AM

Posted 30 January 2008 - 04:10 PM

I had it set up like this before I reformatted but I cant get back to how it was. I had my main Administrator account on the welcome screen. I'd click it to login via an administrator password i setup in windows setup. During windows setup it also told me to provide the name of at least one user account. I couldnt name this user account Administrator so I choose something else. I know that I can create a user name and give it administrator privileges, but I want to skip that step and just have the one uno account. Anyway to do this? I already tried deleting the other user profiles in safe mode, but Windows doesn't allow me to delete them all.

Thanks if you can help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,287 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2008 - 04:51 PM

Well...I guess that I'm curious as to what makes you think that the account you enter through...is not the Admin account?

I have XP Home and I just checked my user account (there is only one account). It says "Louis" and below that it says "Computer Administrator." I don't count the Guest account (which is off).

I don't use another account since I am the only person with access to my two desktops and I don't need to protect myself against myself :thumbsup:.

I've always set up my systems in this manner, which is not the way that I would do it for others.

Louis

#3 Stotic

Stotic
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2008 - 02:47 AM

Nevermind I fixed it. And because i hate it when people do just that, I'll explain how.

What I wanted was for there only to be one administrator account. You can assign any account admin privileges, but they still sit on top of the main administrator account. I went to Users and Groups in Computer Management and removed all of the other users besides Administrator.

This topic can be locked if need be. Thanks.

#4 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• Members
  • 10,317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:15 AM

Posted 31 January 2008 - 04:31 AM

hopefully you haven't enabled the default hidden admin account to be shown at login and then deleted your main named account

it's possible for someone to create a limited account and then while logged into the hidden admin account delete all admin accounts

suicide
Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users