Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Canon Software

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Notorious

Notorious

• Members
  • 345 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:22 PM

Posted 07 March 2005 - 01:08 PM

I never had so much trouble installing the software as with Canon..
When i did first install, software couldn't find my camera. So I thought, I did something stupid, unistalled it and cleaned the system from all leftovers with RegCleaner and YourUninstaller..
Now you would think, OK.. Let's do it again.. No way.. :flowers:
When you try new install, it says everything is already installed and there's nothing you can do to convince the stupid computer that it ain't so..
Did any of you guy's have same expirience with Canon?
Before it was easy.. You drop Twain modules in PS Import/Export stick the card in card reader en voila..
It seems times are changed.. If anyone have good tip, I'd appreciate to hear from you.. Thanx.. :thumbsup:
Edited;
I see I posted it in wrong section.. :trumpet: But it was installed on 98SE..

Mod Edit: Moved to "other applications" where it will get more attention. jgweed

Edited by jgweed, 08 March 2005 - 10:25 AM.

Posted Image

Down in the bayou, Bubba called an attorney and asked, "Is it true they're suin' the cigarette companies for causing people to get cancer?
"Sure is Bubba. But why you asking?"
"Cause what I want to know is, I was thinking, can I sue Budweiser for all them ugly women I've slept with?"

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Notorious

Notorious
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 345 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2005 - 05:39 AM

I was going trough my registry and found this..
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE,Software,Canon, Canon Camera TWAIN Driver, EOS-1D Mark II

Do anybody think I can delete this map manually, or is there other method of doing this? Thanx in advance...
Posted Image

Down in the bayou, Bubba called an attorney and asked, "Is it true they're suin' the cigarette companies for causing people to get cancer?
"Cause what I want to know is, I was thinking, can I sue Budweiser for all them ugly women I've slept with?"

#3 Notorious

Notorious
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 345 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2005 - 05:29 AM

Hm... :thumbsup:
I can't imagine nobody can give an answer to last question.
But, no problem.. I'll ask elsewhere. Thanx anyway.
Posted Image

#4 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2005 - 09:37 AM

Hi Notorious

Highlight that key and go to file>export and export just that key to your desktop then delete it from the registry. Reboot and try the Canon software again. If there is a problom found because you removed that key you can just double click it to merge it back into the registry.

Edited by Leurgy, 11 March 2005 - 09:38 AM.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users