Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

FTP with Fox Fire

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 davenetd

davenetd

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:22 AM

Posted 07 March 2005 - 01:04 PM

I downloaded Fox Fire internet browser and piplined it for extra speed. It works great, however I can't seem to make fox fire allow me to sign on to an ftp site. The windows log in screen never apears after you type in the ftp address. Does fox fire not support ftp sites?

If there is a fix for this problem please let me know. IE has no problem getting on this ftp site.

THX
Dave :thumbsup: :flowers:
Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,593 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:22 AM

Posted 08 March 2005 - 01:13 PM

By default firefox tries to log you in as anonymous. TO have it prompt for a password you can use this format:

ftp://username@ftp.blah.com

This will then use the username given and prompt for the password

#3 davenetd

davenetd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:22 AM

Posted 09 March 2005 - 11:59 AM

Thx works great!
Posted Image